Calculating Angular Velocity of a Rolling Sphere on an Inclined Plane

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
alex7298
Messages
27
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



so i need to find the angular velocity of a solid sphere rolling down an inclined plane. I know the mass, radius, and distance the sphere travels.

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I know how to get angular velocity, but i need the translational velocity first (m/s). Do i use d=v/t or d=1/2(Vi-Vf)(t) which should go down to v=2d/t. I am getting like 61rad/s and after talking to some other people, they said that was too big. They are getting theirs to be under 1...which doesn't make sense to me
 
Physics news on Phys.org
and i know the time it takes. And i meant to say v=d/t above
 
i need this tonight
any help would be great!
thanks