Calculating Average Balance for 12% Savings Account: Integrals and Banking

  • Thread starter Thread starter toasted
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Integrals
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
toasted
Messages
21
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



A deposit of $2500 is made in a savings account earning 12% interest cpmpounded continuously. Find the average balance in the account during the first two years.

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I know I'm suppose to set up an integral from 0 to 2 and then multiple the integral by .5. I was just wondering if someone can explain how to set up the actual integral on the inside. I mean I am not sure what equation I'm using.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
toasted said:

Homework Statement



A deposit of $2500 is made in a savings account earning 12% interest cpmpounded continuously.
so the principle is given by [itex]P= P_0e^1.12t[/itex] and the interest is [itex]P_0(1- e^{1.12t}[/itex]. That is what you need to integrate from 0 to 2.

Find the average balance in the account during the first two years.

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I know I'm suppose to set up an integral from 0 to 2 and then multiple the integral by .5. I was just wondering if someone can explain how to set up the actual integral on the inside. I mean I am not sure what equation I'm using.