Calculating Double Act Pneumatic Cylinder to Lift 200 Lbs.

  • Thread starter Thread starter IrvinShepherd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cylinder Pneumatic
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
IrvinShepherd
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi :)

What size of double act pneumatic cylinder I need to lift 200 Lbs. of weight, if I have got 10 bars air compressor!

All I need for a short stroke 1-3" maximum!

Any special formula or calculations for that!

Thank you,
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Now I am in final year of engineering. I wanted to do a project on air compressed vehicle ( want to run the vehicle using pneumatic energy ). Any suggestions would be more helpful to me. Advance thanks to whom are ready to share their views :)
 
Find out the area of piston to decide the cylinder size..
Area = Force / Pressure = 200/ 145 = 1.379 sq. inch

You need a pneumatic cylinder with a piston dia of 1.5 inch considering the FOS.

Your stroke depends on the height you want to lift your mass.

Hope it will help