Calculating Energy Requirements for HRSG in Hydrogen Power Plants

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
engali
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I’m a final-year student studying mechanical engineering. I’m doing my dissertation on hydrogen power plants.

I had a question….

How would I work out the energy needed to run a HRSG in my cycle.

I understand this depends on various parameters and needs testing and simulations but just needed a rough ball park.

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

What have you found so far in your reading? I did a Google search of your thread title and got lots of useful hits...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters
engali said:
How would I work out the energy needed to run a HRSG in my cycle.
This question doesn't make a lot of sense as asked. The HRSG is recovering energy, it's not a device that needs a specific amount of power to run, you size it to recover as much energy as you economically can.

Did you take your university's Power Plant Design course? This question at this level is a little disconcerting...