the_d Messages 127 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Oct 27, 2006 #1 My problem is to find the force needed to give the system of bodies a velocity of 30 ft/s after moving 20 ft. from rest. Can anyone help me with this? All i have done is found EFx and EFy for the 50lb. force. Attachments 1.JPG 6.9 KB · Views: 613
My problem is to find the force needed to give the system of bodies a velocity of 30 ft/s after moving 20 ft. from rest. Can anyone help me with this? All i have done is found EFx and EFy for the 50lb. force.
radou Homework Helper Messages 3,149 Reaction score 8 Oct 27, 2006 #2 Can't see the attachment though, but try to use the fact that the work done by that unknown force equals the change of kinetic energy. I hope this helps.
Can't see the attachment though, but try to use the fact that the work done by that unknown force equals the change of kinetic energy. I hope this helps.
radou Homework Helper Messages 3,149 Reaction score 8 Oct 27, 2006 #4 the_d said: so the work equals 0.2? r u sure No, I'm not sure until I see the diagram.
the_d Messages 127 Reaction score 0 Oct 27, 2006 #5 this is thr diagram Attachments p1.JPG 11.1 KB · Views: 417
radou Homework Helper Messages 3,149 Reaction score 8 Oct 27, 2006 #6 the_d said: this is thr diagram I can't see it again - perhaps there's a problem with my computer, so someone other will be able to reply.
the_d said: this is thr diagram I can't see it again - perhaps there's a problem with my computer, so someone other will be able to reply.