Calculating Induced EMF in a Long Wire Using Flux and Lenz Law

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
NewYorkMets
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,
I am currently stuck on this problem, and I was wondering if I could get assistance, at least in getting started.
upload_2015-4-30_22-54-45.png


It'd be greatly appreciated!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Know that the current in the long straight wire produces a magnetic field. How can you express this magnetic field?

There is a magnetic field, so there is some flux through the square wire. We also know the current is changing, so the flux is changing too. Current will be induced in the square wire.

Follow through on that process. (Hint, you'll need to use calculus to get the magnetic flux)

Also, know how to use the right hand rule and Lenz law. Its important.