Calculating the percentage difference.

• Thread starter Clef
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Difference
In summary, the individual is struggling with a calculation involving the percentage difference of net force and the sum of two masses multiplied by acceleration. They have calculated a difference of 1.608 and attempted to find the percentage difference, but they are unsure if their answer of 82.04% is correct.
Clef
There's a calculation I am really stuck on...and I am not sure if I am doing it properly:
im working out the percentage difference of netforce and (m1+m2+)a

so for my net force i have a value of 1.96, and for the (m1+m2)a i have a value of 0.3527 . I am not sure how to work out the percentage difference. So far I've gotten:
1.96 - 0.352 = 1.608

=1.608 / 1.96

= .8204 * 100

but i don't think this is right?

Physics news on Phys.org
Clef said:
There's a calculation I am really stuck on...and I am not sure if I am doing it properly:
im working out the percentage difference of netforce and (m1+m2+)a

so for my net force i have a value of 1.96, and for the (m1+m2)a i have a value of 0.3527 . I am not sure how to work out the percentage difference. So far I've gotten:
1.96 - 0.352 = 1.608

=1.608 / 1.96

= .8204 * 100

but i don't think this is right?
Looks OK - the diff is 82% of the net.

hey thanks:)

1. What is the formula for calculating percentage difference?

The formula for calculating percentage difference is (New Value - Old Value) / Old Value x 100.

2. How do you calculate percentage difference when the old value is zero?

If the old value is zero, you cannot calculate percentage difference because you cannot divide by zero. In this case, the percentage difference is undefined.

3. Can percentage difference be negative?

Yes, percentage difference can be negative. This means that the new value is lower than the old value.

4. How do you interpret the percentage difference?

A positive percentage difference means that the new value is higher than the old value, while a negative percentage difference means that the new value is lower than the old value. The larger the percentage difference, the greater the difference between the two values.

5. Can percentage difference be greater than 100%?

Yes, percentage difference can be greater than 100%. This means that the new value is more than double the old value.