Calculating the Period Time of a Ball Inside a Ball

  • Thread starter Thread starter asi123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Ball Period Time
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
asi123
Messages
254
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



As you can see, I have a ball inside a ball.
One with a density p1 and the other p2.
the ball stand on a surface with friction so it can move without sliding.
they move the ball from its rest point and release it.
I need to figure out the period time, any idea?


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Attachments
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 504
Physics news on Phys.org
asi123 said:
As you can see, I have a ball inside a ball.
One with a density p1 and the other p2.
the ball stand on a surface with friction so it can move without sliding.
they move the ball from its rest point and release it.
I need to figure out the period time, any idea?

Hi asi123! :smile:

(is there zero friction between the balls?)

The only way to approach this is to work out the equations of its motion first.

Hint: lots of things are being conserved. :wink: