1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Testing Calculus II Exam points question

1. Apr 11, 2017 #1
    I wrote a Calc II midterm today. Things went quite well, except for one question. I left it blank, as I did not have sufficient knowledge to write anything that made any sense. The question was worth 10% of the exam mark.

This question was about a part of a section we covered, but this part had maybe 1 or 2 homework problems on it. I filled about 300-400 double sided pages doing homework and practicing. Of this, maybe 1 side of 1 page was related to this question.

I understand I should lose marks for not having that answer. But 10% seems very disproportionate.. I would be ok with 4% or something...

Should I discuss this with my prof? I am not one to complain about exams, but I really feel like this was unfair..

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2017 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

your instructor sets the points for each question according to their preferences, arguing about it with them will not get you any points.

4. Apr 11, 2017 #3
    Ok thanks, soldier on i guess lol..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted