Can 2 slave devices be connected to one bluetooth device?

In summary, you can have 2 slave devices connected to one system, for a total of 3 devices. This is called a Piconet and it allows for up to 7 active slave devices and 255 additional inactive (parked) slave devices. It is possible to create your own remote to connect to your phone while it is playing on its own or while connected to speakers, but it may require purchasing a specific device such as the one listed above.
RICKYtan
2 slave devices to one system??
(3 TOTAL devices)

Computer science news on Phys.org
Yes, this is called a Piconet, which allows up to 7 active slave devices and 255 additional inactive (parked) slave devices.

stoomart said:
Yes, this is called a Piconet, which allows up to 7 active slave devices and 255 additional inactive (parked) slave devices.

More specifically, can I create my own remote which connects to my phone while its playing on its own or while its connected to speakers or something?

RICKYtan said:
More specifically, can I create my own remote which connects to my phone while its playing on its own or while its connected to speakers or something?

Are you asking if you can make one of your own design, or to buy one of the shelf? I think the answers are yes and no.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Can two slave devices be connected to one bluetooth device simultaneously?

Yes, some bluetooth devices have the capability to connect to multiple slave devices at the same time. This is known as "multipoint" or "dual audio" functionality. However, not all bluetooth devices have this capability, so it is important to check the specifications of your specific device.

2. Is there a limit to the number of slave devices that can be connected to one bluetooth device?

Yes, there is a limit to the number of slave devices that can be connected to one bluetooth device. This limit varies depending on the specific device, but most devices can connect to at least 7-8 slave devices at a time.

3. Can both slave devices be used simultaneously when connected to one bluetooth device?

It depends on the capabilities of the bluetooth device and the connected slave devices. Some devices have the ability to stream audio from both slave devices simultaneously, while others can only switch between the two devices. It is important to check the specifications of your specific devices to determine if this is possible.

4. How does the bluetooth device prioritize between the two connected slave devices?

The bluetooth device will usually prioritize the most recently connected slave device. However, some devices may have the option to manually switch between devices or have a predetermined priority for each device.

5. Can a bluetooth device act as both a master and a slave simultaneously?

Yes, some bluetooth devices have the ability to switch between being a master and a slave depending on the connected devices. For example, a bluetooth speaker can act as a master when streaming audio to headphones, but can also act as a slave when connected to a smartphone for music playback.