Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hobby project - Bluetooth device

Tags:
  1. Sep 28, 2011 #1
    Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question. If it's not, I am kindly requesting some assistance as to which website/forum to go to.
    Here's my question:

I'm a sophomore and I'm trying to do a side engineering project to put on my resume and maybe eventually turn it into a senior project years from now.

Basically, I want to create a button whereby if i press the button, I get an alert on my smartphone. I'm not sure where exactly i'm going with this eventually but this is just a start for me.

My question is: how do I begin? I know I want the communication to be via bluetooth. Is there any website that can point me to the right direction.

I appreciate your help and once again, I deeply apologize if this is not the right place for my question.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2011 #2
    The most straightforwards way to do this is send a message to the phone using HAYES AT commands. You would need a programmable bluetooth module to be triggered by your button.

4. Sep 30, 2011 #3
  5. Oct 2, 2011 #4
    Thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook