1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hobby project - Bluetooth device

Tags:
  1. Sep 28, 2011 #1
    Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question. If it's not, I am kindly requesting some assistance as to which website/forum to go to.
    Here's my question:

I'm a sophomore and I'm trying to do a side engineering project to put on my resume and maybe eventually turn it into a senior project years from now.

Basically, I want to create a button whereby if i press the button, I get an alert on my smartphone. I'm not sure where exactly i'm going with this eventually but this is just a start for me.

My question is: how do I begin? I know I want the communication to be via bluetooth. Is there any website that can point me to the right direction.

I appreciate your help and once again, I deeply apologize if this is not the right place for my question.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2011 #2
    The most straightforwards way to do this is send a message to the phone using HAYES AT commands. You would need a programmable bluetooth module to be triggered by your button.

4. Sep 30, 2011 #3
  5. Oct 2, 2011 #4
    Thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook