Can anyone tell me some formulas for acceleration?

In summary: PF。你的学校有哪些学习资源?你学过微积分吗?是的,我学到了一点Looks like no one can help me, ok thanks guysWe're happy to help you, but you need to help us help you. And you need to make a better effort to translate your responses into English before posting them on PF. As said already, we require posts to be in English.This thread is closed.
huc369
TL;DR Summary
Can anyone tell me some formulas for acceleration? I will thank him very much
我是一名高中生,对加速度的一些计算感到困惑,请与我分享一些信息

(translation by the Mentors via Google Translate):
"I am a high school student and confused about some calculations of acceleration please share some information with me"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
What has your Google research turned up so far?

Likes topsquark
DaveC426913 said:
What has your Google research turned up so far?
I know this question seems very stupid. I don't know much about the deformation and derivation of calculation formulas. Thank you very much for your reply

huc369 said:
Summary: Can anyone tell me some formulas for acceleration? I will thank him very much

我是一名高中生,对加速度的一些计算感到困惑,请与我分享一些信息

(translation by the Mentors via Google Translate):
"I am a high school student and confused about some calculations of acceleration please share some information with me"
Welcome to PF. What learning resources do you have in your school?

Have you studied any calculus yet?

Likes topsquark
berkeman said:
欢迎来到 PF。你的学校有哪些学习资源?

你学过微积分吗?
是的,我学到了一点

Looks like no one can help me, ok thanks guys

huc369 said:
是的,我学到了一点
Please post in English. According to our forum rules, section on language

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/

"All posts must be in English. Posts in other languages will be deleted. Pay reasonable attention to written English communication standards. This includes the use of proper grammatical structure, punctuation, capitalization, spacing, and spelling. In particular, "I" is capitalized, there's a space after (but not before) a comma, a period, and other punctuation. Multiple exclamation marks are also discouraged. SMS messaging shorthand ("text-message-speak"), such as using "u" for "you", "please" for "please", or "wanna" for "want to" is not acceptable."

huc369 said:
Looks like no one can help me, ok thanks guys
We're happy to help you, but you need to help us help you. And you need to make a better effort to translate your responses into English before posting them on PF. As said already, we require posts to be in English.

This thread is closed. You are welcome to start a new thread in the Academic Advising forum with links to your reading so far and you can ask specific questions about that reading. Thank you.

1. What is the formula for acceleration?

The formula for acceleration is a = (vf - vi)/t, where a represents acceleration, vf represents final velocity, vi represents initial velocity, and t represents time.

2. How do I calculate acceleration?

To calculate acceleration, you need to know the change in velocity and the time it took for that change to occur. You can use the formula a = (vf - vi)/t to calculate acceleration.

3. What is the difference between average and instantaneous acceleration?

Average acceleration is the overall change in velocity over a period of time, while instantaneous acceleration is the acceleration at a specific moment in time. Average acceleration can be calculated using the formula a = (vf - vi)/t, while instantaneous acceleration can be calculated using calculus.

4. Are there any other formulas for acceleration?

Yes, there are other formulas for acceleration depending on the specific situation. For example, if you know the force and mass of an object, you can use the formula a = F/m to calculate acceleration. There are also formulas for circular and angular acceleration.

5. Can acceleration be negative?

Yes, acceleration can be negative. This indicates that the object is slowing down or decelerating. Positive acceleration indicates that the object is speeding up. The sign of acceleration depends on the direction of the change in velocity.

Back