Can Electrons and Muons Revolutionize Alternative Energy Sources?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ~()
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Electron Muon
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 8K views
~() said:
And they have zero relation to what I was initially discussing. I was not talking about LED's and insignificant electronics such as that - I was talking about high level energy transfer, and other forms of particles collisions apart from electricity. The key word in apart from electricity (electro-optics & opto-electronics are cleary to do with electricity). Notice how they have the words electro in them - relating to electricity.
The information you were discussing was besides the point - that is in no way optional forms of larger energy transfer (it is merely small signal and small energy transfer still using electronic systems).

I think I finally understand what you were trying to ask in the first place.

But you keep saying you do not want to use electricity, so you want to use a mechanical system to transfer all the energy generated? That of course would be inefficent because of friction issues. To repeat someone from earlier, I do not think we can control any other particles as easily as we can control electrons. Is it a matter of terminology and by not using electricity you mean not using electrons and if you used muons you would call it "muonicity" or something?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well I (and others) have pointed out that you cannot used muons simply due to their short half lifes (on the order of microseconds). However, I am not sure that I have seen much (if any) work done on other forms of energy transfer on this scale - everything is based around the idea of turning a generator to create electricity - and thus supply energy. Even if this is an unplausible idea, where will the advancements come for energy supplies in the future? Simply increasing the efficiency of electrical energy production?
 
This thread has gone on long enough. Sorry I haven't been paying attention (and guys - you could always report it...)

~(), watch your attitude and your crackpottery. We tolerate neither here.