Can I get a circuit to realize manchester coding and decoding

In summary, the conversation is about finding a circuit to realize manchester coding and decoding using ordinary digital TTL ICs and comparators. The person asking the question is looking for any helpful links or images. The response mentions examples on the Internet and suggests using Google Images for a quick search. It also mentions that the 6409 can do it and provides a link to a patent for reference.
dexterdev
Hi all,
Can I get a circuit to realize manchester coding and decoding using ordinary digital TTL ICs and comparators. Any link or image will be helpful.

TIA

-Devanand T

Engineering news on Phys.org
dexterdev said:
Hi all,
Can I get a circuit to realize manchester coding and decoding using ordinary digital TTL ICs and comparators. Any link or image will be helpful.

TIA

-Devanand T

Sure, there are examples on the Internet. What is the context of the question? Can you use Google Images to do a quick search? What do you find?

diphase coding is a form of fm, when the clock occurs in the middle of the cycle
the frequency is double, and the bit is a one or a zero.(Based on which Manchester
coding scheme used. The 6409 will do it, But you can look at their design as to how.
I seem to remember seeing someone do it with ether a JK or D flipflop.
http://www.google.com/patents/US4603322

1. What is manchester coding and decoding?

Manchester coding and decoding is a method of encoding and decoding digital data in a way that is more reliable and efficient than other coding methods. It uses a combination of high and low voltage levels to represent binary data, making it easier to detect and correct errors.

2. What are the advantages of using manchester coding and decoding?

The main advantage of using manchester coding and decoding is its ability to reduce errors in data transmission. It also allows for faster data transfer speeds and is less susceptible to electromagnetic interference.

3. How does a circuit realize manchester coding and decoding?

A circuit that implements manchester coding and decoding typically consists of a clock generator, a XOR gate, and a flip-flop. The clock generator generates a square wave that is used to synchronize the encoding and decoding process. The XOR gate is used to combine the clock signal with the data signal, and the flip-flop stores the output of the XOR gate to produce the encoded data.

4. Can I build a circuit to realize manchester coding and decoding myself?

Yes, you can build a circuit to realize manchester coding and decoding yourself if you have the necessary components and knowledge of digital electronics. However, it is recommended to use pre-made integrated circuits (ICs) specifically designed for this purpose for better performance and reliability.

5. Are there any other coding methods similar to manchester coding and decoding?

Yes, there are other coding methods that are similar to manchester coding and decoding, such as differential manchester coding and biphase coding. These methods also use variations of high and low voltage levels to encode data and have similar advantages in terms of error detection and correction.