Can I Tip a Can By Spinning a Weight? An Arduino Experiment

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Max Johnson
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I want to be able to tip a can by building a device that fits inside the can and is able to tip it even when the can is completely closed. I have a motor and an arduino to control it. Would I be able to tip it by spinning a weight around the vertical axis of the can? Or would action and reaction cause the can not to move?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Max Johnson said:
I want to be able to tip a can by building a device that fits inside the can and is able to tip it even when the can is completely closed. I have a motor and an arduino to control it. Would I be able to tip it by spinning a weight around the vertical axis of the can? Or would action and reaction cause the can not to move?
You know about arduinos, but have never witnessed tiping a container from the inside? Kids these days...
 
Last edited: