Can isopropyl alcohol Blood clots soluble ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lakkana
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Alcohol Blood
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 2K views
Lakkana
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
I have old cuts I put rubbing isopropyl alcohol on it, it cleaned slowly and vanish the blood clots, I would likes to know can isopropyl alcohol Blood clots soluble?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
I am afraid it is a machine translation and it won't be better. Moreover, our answers - after going the same path to the OP - won't be much better.
 
Lakkana said:
I have old cuts I put rubbing isopropyl alcohol on it, it cleaned slowly and vanish the blood clots, I would likes to know can isopropyl alcohol Blood clots soluble?
Sounds painful. Here is a paper on wound care from NCBI -- there are better solutions for dissolving external blood clots and doing proper wound care:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23507692/

Wound cleaning and wound healing: a concise review [/size]​

NCBI said:

Abstract​

Chronic wounds present a significant societal burden in their cost of care, and they reduce patient quality of life. Key components of wound care include such measures as debridement, irrigation, and wound cleaning. Appropriate care removes necrotic tissue and reduces wound bioburden to enhance wound healing. Physical cleaning with debridement and irrigation is of documented efficacy. Wounds may be washed with water, saline, or Ringer's solution or cleaned with active ingredients, such as hydrogen peroxide, sodium hypochlorite, acetic acid, alcohol, ionized silver preparations, chlorhexidine, polyhexanide/betaine solution, or povidone-iodine--the majority of which are locally toxic and of limited or no proven efficacy in enhancing wound healing. Although the consensus opinion is that these topical cleaning agents should not be routinely used, recent clinical evidence suggests that polyhexanide/betaine may be nontoxic and effective in enhancing wound healing. Further well-designed studies are needed.