Can neutrinos travel faster than light?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 4K views
Ysara
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone
This is my first post and I am interested in the question about neutrinos... I have many questions that I would love to have answered but I'll stick to the question of whether they can travel faster than light or not... ( please bear with me as I am returning to physics after a long absence )

Thank you
Ysara
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
No, they do not travel faster than the speed of light. And if you're thinking about the OPERA anomaly in 2011, the experiment results were errors due to a faulty timing system (press release here (CERN), paper here).
 
Last edited:
There were experiments that said they could, but these turned out to be due to errors in the experiment setup.
 
Pds3.14 said:
There were experiments that said they could, but these turned out to be due to errors in the experiment setup.

When responding in a thread, it's wise to read all the previous responses. You have simply said the same thing as DennisN, but not as well.
 
No matter can go faster than the speed of light. But the the experiment that DennisN talked about did shock a few people :D