Can PF Random Thoughts be Split to Help with Server Load?

In summary: Knew". It's a really great game.In summary, Irrational Games has released a new game called "God Only...Knew". It is a great game that is sure to please players.
  • #1,751
Borg said:
Are you testing us?
No, no.. Just a random thought.. Please don't mind... :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,752
Abhilash H N said:
No, no.. Just a random thought.. Please don't mind... :smile:

That was a joke ( I think)...a pun on exam and test... you failed... :-p
When will the emoticons work properly in the app?

• #1,753
Enigman said:
That was a joke ( I think)...a pun on exam and test... you failed... :-p
When will the emoticons work properly in the app?
Infact that was not a joke, I'm here studying for my coming exams...

• #1,754
Abhilash H N said:
Infact that was not a joke, I'm here studying for my coming exams...

Sure, but Borg's response to you was a joke. Internet humor is a subtle thing :smile:

• #1,755
AnTiFreeze3 said:
Sure, but Borg's response to you was a joke. :smile:
I know, I just replied seriously... Thought the reply was 'serious'. :confused:

• #1,756
So how do you guys actully feel about exams? (Seriously :biggrin:)

• #1,757
Abhilash H N said:
So how do you guys actully feel about exams? (Seriously :biggrin:)
I always looked forward to them. If they were well-designed the feedback was valuable.

• #1,758
Abhilash H N said:
I know, I just replied seriously... Thought the reply was 'serious'. :confused:
I wouldn't take posts in the Random Thoughts thead too seriously. :-p

• #1,759
Huge image, but the reason is obvious - Africa is not that small:

http://static02.mediaite.com/geekosystem/uploads/2010/10/true-size-of-africa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,760
Borek said:

http://static02.mediaite.com/geekosystem/uploads/2010/10/true-size-of-africa.jpg

Now I'm curious to see how Russia compares.

• #1,761
Judging from the list on the right, it is just slightly smaller than US & China together.

• #1,762
Borek said:

Nice. Mother Africa, origin of us all.

• #1,763
lisab said:
Nice. Mother Africa, origin of us all.
What a huge country. I defer to Palin on this one. :devil:

• #1,765
From your link: An AP story on this matter says, “The hoax was limited to the identity of the source in the story about Palin — not the Fox News story itself. While Palin has denied that she mistook Africa for a country, the veracity of that report was not put in question by the revelation that Eisenstadt is a phony.”

• #1,766
turbo said:
From your link: An AP story on this matter says, “The hoax was limited to the identity of the source in the story about Palin — not the Fox News story itself. While Palin has denied that she mistook Africa for a country, the veracity of that report was not put in question by the revelation that Eisenstadt is a phony.”
Next paragraph:

If the hoax is merely Eisenstadt having claimed to the Carl Cameron’s source — when in fact the source was an actual “McCain campaign insider” — the story is still alive. If, contrariwise, Eisenstadt was the source of the story itself, then it’s dead.

• #1,767
zoobyshoe said:
Next paragraph:
If the hoax is merely Eisenstadt having claimed to the Carl Cameron’s source — when in fact the source was an actual “McCain campaign insider” — the story is still alive. If, contrariwise, Eisenstadt was the source of the story itself, then it’s dead.

So... the story is dead-alive? The cat just got some company...
http://doblelol.com/uploads/12/laughlocker-funny.jpg

• #1,768
My mom while sleeping snores , hihi, mommy I love you! Should memorize these moment forever!

• #1,769
Has anyone ever tried to explain how superman flies? FBDs don't work...

• #1,770
Enigman said:
Has anyone ever tried to explain how superman flies? FBDs don't work...

He puts his arms up and says, 'Up up and away'. Pretty simple, really.

• #1,771
I fly up but never away. You just never understood who I am.

• #1,772
lisab said:
He puts his arms up and says, 'Up up and away'. Pretty simple, really.
Apparently not-
wiki.answers.com said:
Scientific Reasoning: Superman's species, as illustrated by the mythology, was assumed to have been highly evolved by comparison to the standards of human primates, utilizing their crystals they have tapped into the use of highly dense quantum computer's that allow them access to their entire genome, and absolute control over the reproduction of any member of their species. These same kryptonian crystals, now genetically embedded into their tissue growth cycle, are the same modern scientists have recently discovered can help a basic electronic generator harness ZERO POINT energy. However, scientists have also discovered that it takes a certain quantity and type of these crystals to manage the power needed to produce ZERO POINT energy, thus explaining Superman's telekinetic constraints. Kryptonian crystals flow through the veins, and more specifically the DNA of a Kryptonian, and are powered by the photocells in their skin that gather radiation from the sun. This Kryptonian blood theory can be illustrated by the Smallville episode "Conspiracy", in which Clark Kent mistakenly transfers his own powers to Zod through a minor blood transfusion. Because Superman is living beneath a yellow sun obviously his molecules are denser than if he were living beneath a red sun, however the weight of any object in an environment can be altered by ZERO POINT energy in order to produce anti-gravity, but in the case of Superman, he was raised entirely on Earth thus training his techno-telekineses to only have an effect on his own body. This also inadvertently explains how even though the crystals on Krypton are filled with nano-computers to help generate their advanced technology and power their ZERO POINT energy, any crystals of another extreme of quantum radiation could potentially disrupt the crystals either inside or outside of a Kryptonian's body, IE Green, Blue, Black, Red, or any other color of Kryptonite. So, to simplify it into layman's terms, Superman can fly because he has mental and bodily control over a limited amount of ZERO POINT energy.

Glad to know that I am not the only one with stupid geeky questions...

inotyce said:
I fly up but never away. You just never understood who I am.

Beautifully erudite inotyce!

• #1,773
I am always thinking to build up a company where my employees only work 7 hours per day and only on Mon,Tue,Thu and Fri. They only come to work on Wednesday in emergent cases. Of course I don't provide annual holidays except national holidays because I give them 4 days per month off. And of course no overtime payment either except emergent cases that the projects may run out of time. All my employees will share $5 each /week into a saving bank account which will be used for parties on Sat.
Where is the flaw of my dream ?

• #1,774
I just handed in my CV to http://www.oucru.org/
They advertise to hire a programmer to create web based and desktop based applications related to well, physics as required. This I think is a very good match and is also what I have been passionate about since graduated from my college. They sound and look still *foreign* and I'm afraid my CV will not be considered.

• #1,775
I don't want to be employed.

• #1,776
inotyce said:
I just handed in my CV to http://www.oucru.org/
They advertise to hire a programmer to create web based and desktop based applications related to well, physics as required. This I think is a very good match and is also what I have been passionate about since graduated from my college. They sound and look still *foreign* and I'm afraid my CV will not be considered.

You can program with statistical data. I like proteomics related software applications. You maight like to head into them :)

• #1,777
Akaisora said:
I don't want to be employed.

But I acually do. As a fresher just graduated from a local college ,I applied for a job in a japanese company and one for a global norway company. Which one should i choose if i 'd be selected by both ? I got job offer from the japanese company and now am waiting for the second interview from the other. I prefer the later although i will be hired just as a sale assistant.

• #1,778
pyzicslolito said:
But I acually do. As a fresher just graduated from a local college ,I applied for a job in a japanese company and one for a global norway company. Which one should i choose if i 'd be selected by both ? I got job offer from the japanese company and now am waiting for the second interview from the other. I prefer the later although i will be hired just as a sale assistant.

I did not mean to put it in that context.

As for jobs, you can create a topic in the academic guidance sub-forum: https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139

• #1,779
inotyce said:
I am always thinking to build up a company where my employees only work 7 hours per day and only on Mon,Tue,Thu and Fri. They only come to work on Wednesday in emergent cases. Of course I don't provide annual holidays except national holidays because I give them 4 days per month off. And of course no overtime payment either except emergent cases that the projects may run out of time. All my employees will share $5 each /week into a saving bank account which will be used for parties on Sat.
Where is the flaw of my dream ?

Not having a product is a pretty big flaw.

• #1,780
This is the most difficult semester so far of my undergraduate career. I also have the best professors ever. I'm so lucky.

• #1,781
o:)

• #1,782
:blushing:

• #1,783
:devil:
First post on the hundredth page!
:biggrin:

• #1,784
Due to health problems, I can eat no foods with iron, Vitamin C, fat, fiber, carbohydrates, sugar, cholesterol, or salt. One member has recommended that I eat a product called Quorn, which has no nutritive value.

It contains no vitamins

Vitamins

Amounts Per Selected Serving%DV

Vitamin A0.0IU0%
Vitamin C~ ~
Vitamin D~ ~
Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol)~ ~
Vitamin K~ ~
Thiamin~ ~
Riboflavin~ ~
Niacin~ ~
Vitamin B6~ ~
Folate~ ~
Vitamin B12~ ~
Pantothenic Acid~ ~
Choline~
Betaine~

Only minerals are salt and calcium.

Minerals

Amounts Per Selected Serving%DV

Calcium 110mg 11%
Iron~ ~
Magnesium~ ~
Phosphorus~ ~
Potassium~ ~
Sodium 510mg 21%
Zinc~ ~
Copper~ ~
Manganese~ ~
Selenium~ ~Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/custom/876290/2#ixzz2hFEWx5E5

Unfortunately it's high in fat and carbohydrates. :frown:

Last edited:
  • #1,785
Evo said:
Due to health problems, I can eat no foods with iron, Vitamin C, fat, fiber, carbohydrates, cholesterol, or salt. One member has recommended that I eat a product called Quorn, which has no nutritive value.

OMG. I thought my restrictions were bad. What the heck is left? Pretty much it looks like you're allowed to have... I mean I can't even think of anything.

And is this a temporary thing or a permanent change?

Wishing you the best.