Can someone double check my solution to this Laplace Transform problem?

• Thread starter EaglesFan7
  • Start date

Homework Statement:

Who can check my work for this problem? I tried to use an online laplace calculator to verify my answer but it didn't support finding laplace examples with heavyside

Relevant Equations:

Laplace of h(t-c)*f(t-c)=e^(-cs)*F(s)
My solution is in the file shown here

Attachments

Answers and Replies

Can you type this in with latex in the future? It’s a good skill to know and makes it a lot easier to read than the sepia photo provided.

Is there any way to work the problem backwards to get your original results? That would be a good check.

I checked and little confused about that. If someone checked this homework problem, then also let me know by mentioning me on that thread.

SammyS
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Here's one that's somewhat more readable. (I should have cropped it a bit.)
laplaceexample1.png

DaveE
Gold Member
One of the problems with asking for free help is that we (OK, I) have a limited amount of patience. I do know about Laplace transforms, but I find your question really really confusing. What's u2(t)? Where did the "t-2" come from? What really was the homework question?
People often say "there is no such thing as a bad question". They are wrong. I am 99.99% sure I know the answer, but I don't want to solve the riddle of what was the question.
Maybe someone else will take up the challenge, even though the first 4 people aren't giving you the answer you seek.

Likes SammyS and berkeman
vela
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
What's u2(t)? Where did the "t-2" come from?
I ran across this notation awhile back, and it was unfamiliar to me at the time as well. It probably didn't help that the OP translated it into ##h-2##, whatever that's supposed to mean. Anyway, some people denote ##u(t-c)##, where ##u(t)## is the unit step function, by ##u_c(t)##.