Can someone help me to find some data?

• Thread starter Earthland
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data
In summary, the best way to find data for research is to consider your topic and research question, and then evaluate options such as online databases, surveys, experiments, or expert sources. There are many free resources available, including data.gov, Google Dataset Search, and university repositories. To ensure accuracy and reliability, use reputable sources and carefully examine methodology. Published data can be used with proper citation and consideration of relevance and validity. To organize and manage data, options include Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and statistical software.
Earthland
I didn't know where exactly should I post this kind of question :)

I need to find experimental values of linear thermal expansion coefficients of copper at various temperatures (ranging 100-1500K); however, as much as I google it I only get coefficients at 20 degrees of celsius, or else there is a paywall. Does anyone know where/how should I keep searching?

Physics news on Phys.org
CRC Hndbk. of Chem. & Phys., check the footnotes for references.

Thank you very much!

1. What is the best way to find data for my research?

The best way to find data for your research depends on your specific topic and research question. Some common methods include searching online databases, conducting surveys or experiments, or reaching out to experts in the field for data. It is important to carefully evaluate the reliability and validity of the data you find before using it in your research.

2. Are there any free resources for finding data?

Yes, there are many free resources available for finding data. Some popular options include data.gov, Google Dataset Search, and Kaggle. Additionally, many universities and research institutions have open data repositories that can be accessed for free.

3. How can I ensure the data I find is accurate and reliable?

One way to ensure the accuracy and reliability of data is to use reputable sources such as government websites, peer-reviewed journals, or data from trusted organizations. It is also important to carefully examine the methodology used to collect the data and look for any potential biases or limitations.

4. Can I use data that is already published in my research?

Yes, you can use data that is already published in your research as long as you properly cite the source and adhere to any copyright restrictions. However, it is important to critically evaluate the data and consider its relevance and validity to your specific research question.

5. How can I organize and manage the data I find?

There are many tools and software programs available for organizing and managing data. Some popular options include Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, and statistical software such as SPSS or R. It is important to choose a method that works best for your specific research needs and to keep track of your data sources for proper citation.