Can Someone Help Translate My Japanese Music?

• Thread starter Ms Music
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Translation
In summary, this music is probably from a fairy tale book based anime called Night on the Galactic Railroad, and it has connections to Chinese and Japanese.
Ms Music
Pretty please? I know there are people here that can read Japanese, I really would appreciate the help.

409725677.jpg

Sorry it is rotated, I couldn't figure out how to get it changed.

Thank you in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited:
Likes 1 person
I can't read Japanese but I can read Chinese.
From the common symbols it appears to be music for some fairy tale (literal translation) collection.
The words in the bracket say "The night of the galactic railroad"
Do note that this is what the symbols mean in Chinese, may have different meanings in Japanese. (Think German to English)

My friends says the underlined part is "Fantasy: Night of the Milky Way Railroad"

A quick google search makes me think it relates to the soundtrack of a book-based anime called 'Night on the Galactic Railroad'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_on_the_Galactic_Railroad

Comparing the characters between the small corners*, that seems to be a reasonable assumption.

* Here I mean the 6 characters after the horizontal line and the little 'corner'. I figured these corners were meant to signify quotation marks or something similar.

Thank you everyone! This is really fascinating.

HomogenousCow, that is interesting that you were able to come up with the same thing as everyone below you. I had no idea that there were any similarities between Japanese and Chinese.

Joris, thank you for the wiki link. This music was actually written about 40 years ago by a Japanese exchange student that my parents took care of for a few months, so it wouldn't be about the anime, but it is very possible she wrote the music about the original story. Maybe she even brought the books to read while here in the States?

So now my next challenge is to learn the music, and see if it sounds like a fantasy train ride through the Milky Way galaxy.

Thank you VERY MUCH to everyone that posted. Greg, please thank your friend for me also.

Related to Can Someone Help Translate My Japanese Music?

1. What is the process for translating a document from English to Japanese?

The process for translating a document from English to Japanese involves several steps. First, the document is analyzed to understand the context and subject matter. Then, a professional translator who is fluent in both English and Japanese will translate the text, taking cultural nuances and linguistic differences into consideration. The translated document is then proofread and edited for accuracy and clarity before being delivered to the client.

2. How long does it typically take to translate a document from English to Japanese?

The time it takes to translate a document from English to Japanese can vary depending on the length and complexity of the document, as well as the availability of the translator. On average, a professional translator can translate 2,000 to 2,500 words per day. However, rush services may be available for shorter turnaround times.

3. Can you provide certified translations for legal or official documents?

Yes, we can provide certified translations for legal or official documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, and academic transcripts. Our certified translations are accepted by government agencies, universities, and other official institutions.

4. What is the cost for Japanese translation services?

The cost for Japanese translation services can vary depending on factors such as the length and complexity of the document, the urgency of the project, and the level of certification required. It is best to request a quote from a professional translation agency for an accurate cost estimate.

5. Can you translate technical or specialized documents into Japanese?

Yes, we have a team of professional translators who specialize in various fields such as legal, medical, technical, and marketing translations. We can provide accurate and high-quality translations for technical or specialized documents into Japanese, ensuring that industry-specific terminology and terminology are translated correctly.