Can someone tell me someting about JP-10

• Thread starter 99111004
  • Start date
In summary, JP-10 is a hydrocarbon-based fuel commonly used in military aircraft and missiles due to its high energy density and stability. It has a higher energy density and flash point compared to other jet fuels, and its properties include a low freezing point, high boiling point, and insolubility in water. While not considered environmentally friendly, JP-10 is highly regulated and used in small quantities to minimize its impact on the environment.
I have heard the existing of a fuel to be used in aircrafts called JP-10.
Would you please let me know some chemical and physical properties of this fuel as chemical formula, density, flash point and so on.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I think he might have moved on by now... :uhh:

to bad if he has

1. What is JP-10?

JP-10, or Jet Propellant-10, is a hydrocarbon-based fuel commonly used in military aircraft and missiles. It is a colorless liquid that is highly flammable and has a high energy density.

2. How is JP-10 different from other jet fuels?

JP-10 is different from other jet fuels in that it has a higher energy density, meaning it can produce more energy per unit volume. It also has a higher flash point, making it safer to handle and transport.

3. What are the properties of JP-10?

JP-10 has a low freezing point, high boiling point, and is insoluble in water. It also has a high density and a low viscosity, making it ideal for use in high-performance aircraft.

4. What are the applications of JP-10?

JP-10 is primarily used as a fuel for military aircraft and missiles due to its high energy density and stability. It is also used in some civilian applications, such as in high-performance cars and rockets.

5. Is JP-10 safe for the environment?

JP-10 is not considered environmentally friendly, as it is a hydrocarbon-based fuel and releases carbon dioxide and other pollutants when burned. However, it is used in small quantities and is highly regulated to minimize its impact on the environment.