Can the Double Slit Experiment Be Reproduced at Home with Simple Materials?

  • Topic: Misc. 
  • Thread starter Thread starter technobot
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Double slit Slit
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 40K views
@country boy
I know this reply is 6 years late, but I just tried it just now with a cheap laster pointer that is built into a pen and a thick piece of hair and after a while of positioning was successful. just to let you and others know.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Pitullie Paul said:
Please help, how wide should the slit be and how far apart.

As close together and as narrow as you can make them. It is easy to make them too wide and too far apart, very difficult to get them close enough and narrow enough.
 
I was successful in the end with a cheap pen laser and slots cut in tin foil (aluminium foil). I cut the slots with a scalpel then closed then again to make them small. Lots of fun.