Can You Build This Simple Motor in Just 4 Parts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ubereem
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Motor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Ubereem
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
http://youtu.be/64OB5FArM64

I can't find any info on how to make this motor.

Does anyone have any plans or could explain the process?

Does the axle/rod have to be a certain metal?

- I feel like I don't even belong on this forum compared to you guys. Forgive me if I look stupid for asking this question. I just figured this would be the best forum to find out.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Ubereem said:
http://youtu.be/64OB5FArM64

I can't find any info on how to make this motor.

Does anyone have any plans or could explain the process?

Does the axle/rod have to be a certain metal?

- I feel like I don't even belong on this forum compared to you guys. Forgive me if I look stupid for asking this question. I just figured this would be the best forum to find out.

One of our class assignments in grade 9 was to build an electric motor.

That axle must be conductive. And able to withstand some intense heat.