Can You Identify These Aircraft from Limited Clues?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
340 replies · 26K views
cyrusabdollahi said:
It used to land on carriers. The wings fold too. (Not the AF, but the NAVY variant. They probably just made them all w/hooks).
Okay. I thought only the Blue Angels flew the hookers, but like you say, maybe they left the hooks on the AF versions too.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps its like the eurofighter where the Uk ordered them minus the canons and they tried all sorts of balast where the canons should be but it was too unstable. In the end they found that leaving the canons was the best option for not destabalising the plane in flight. I'm not sure the eurofighter could get any more unstable to be fair because it was delibarately designed with aerodynamic instabilities to make it more maneuvrable but inoperable without computer assistance. Weirdness.
 
AF versions didn't have carrier rated landing gear; they played around with the hooks and arresting gear on short runways --- not as a regular operational use.
 
Okay, here's the plan.

I've got another 8 questions or so at hand. I'm going to save 3 of those for some kind of a tie-breaker, if necessary (if there's an outright winner, I'll maybe just put them up anyways, but not for points). The 5 questions that I'm going to use for the last half-leg I'm going to put up in a single post - all 5 appearing at the same time.

So, I'm going to make sure Fred shows up. Then I take attendance, and when everyone's ready...up they come!

Are you folks okay with that are does anyone have plans for tonight?
 
Bystander can still win. And if Kurdt's around, I'd like him to join in as well.
 
Ah, welcome back loser. How was your alone time with Jane?

Youre going down. If I loose to a guy who called a C-133 a P-3 Orion, Ill hang myself.
 
Last edited:
Fred, did you read post#275 (and for good measure, catch up on stuff you may have missed), and are you okay with it?

Bystander & Kurdt, are you folks ready?

I'm going to give y'all about 5 minutes to get here; then I post a warning shot followed by the 5 question post within the minute.
 
Consider your ass, grass fred.

You're going to loose. I am the greatest! I am the greatest! EAT YOUR WORDS! EAT YOUR WORDS!
 
Gokul43201 said:
Fred, did you read post#275 (and for good measure, catch up on stuff you may have missed), and are you okay with it?
Oh sure. I'm good. I'm having fun!
 
cyrusabdollahi said:
Consider your ass, grass fred.

You're going to loose. I am the greatest! I am the greatest! EAT YOUR WORDS! EAT YOUR WORDS!
You eat a lot of sugar, don't you?
 
Gah, I changed my mind. Sorry! I don't like the format of all 5 in one post. Then it comes down to you guys having to use logistical tricks to maximize your chance of scoring. So here's what I'll do instead:

Unless something goes wrong on my end, the first question (Q 36 Clue I) will appear at 11:00pm ET (by the PF clock). Every subsequent question will appear after exactly 3 minutes by the PF clock (11:03, 11:06,...).

So, we start in 3 minutes. Kapische?
 
FredGarvin said:
Me292...

What's a 292 fred??

292!?

EAT YOUR WORDS!
 
He CHEATED! HE CHANGED IT BEFORE THE TIME STAMP CHANGED! WHAT AN SOB!

BS EAT YOUR WORDS CHEATER!
 
I don't know what you're talking about:-p

I typed too fast. Gokul will see that I edited. Keep your skirt on.
 
FredGarvin said:
Mig 17...

Slow, dumb and a cheater. Youre all around scum.

EAT YOUR WORDSSSSSSSS!