1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Can you identify these equations?

1. Mar 28, 2016 #1
    I have come across these equations elsewhere, but the context didn't give anything away about what they actually are. I assume they're both from a similar area, but that may not be necessarily true.

I guess they're physics equations because of the presence of Planck's constant and c (speed of light?)

XbqvTnL.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2016 #2

blue_leaf77

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That's Dirac equation of a charged particle in a vector potential ##A## and scalar potential ##eA_0(x)##. I hope there are other members correcting me in case I am wrong or add something.

4. Mar 30, 2016 #3
    Thanks, is that just the top one, and is the bottom one involved as well? I had a look at Wikipedia and it seemed to involve gamma in some way, but it is well beyond my level of understanding.

5. Mar 30, 2016 #4

ShayanJ

Gold Member

About the top equation, I agree with blue_leaf77. The bottom one seems to be the definition of time-reversal operator to me where ## \hat K ## is the complex conjugation operator.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted