Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Can you identify these equations?

1. Mar 28, 2016 #1
    I have come across these equations elsewhere, but the context didn't give anything away about what they actually are. I assume they're both from a similar area, but that may not be necessarily true.

I guess they're physics equations because of the presence of Planck's constant and c (speed of light?)

XbqvTnL.jpg

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2016 #2

blue_leaf77

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That's Dirac equation of a charged particle in a vector potential ##A## and scalar potential ##eA_0(x)##. I hope there are other members correcting me in case I am wrong or add something.

4. Mar 30, 2016 #3
    Thanks, is that just the top one, and is the bottom one involved as well? I had a look at Wikipedia and it seemed to involve gamma in some way, but it is well beyond my level of understanding.

5. Mar 30, 2016 #4

ShayanJ

Gold Member

About the top equation, I agree with blue_leaf77. The bottom one seems to be the definition of time-reversal operator to me where ## \hat K ## is the complex conjugation operator.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted