1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Canada U: I have zero 4U courses complete, but projected atleast 97%

1. Feb 27, 2008 #1
    I'm taking advanced function intro calc class right now, and I'm going to get atleast a 97%.

I have no other 4U classes......can I still register for university this fall?

or do I need to complete all six first?
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 27, 2008 #2
    Note: Don't assume that everyone is from Ontario, people outside Ontario will have no idea what a "4U" course is.

What program are you trying to get into?

Most schools are okay with 4M (the mixed university / college preparation) courses, as long as you've got enough of those to make six you should be fine.
  4. Feb 27, 2008 #3
    Yeah. As long as you have 6 U or M courses total, you would be eligible to apply for university. It is just that, most of the those program will probably require U courses unless you are going into arts or something.
  5. Feb 27, 2008 #4
    I have no U courses at all. Back when I was in high school, we had OAC...but I never took those.

I will have completed 1 4U math in two weeks. I was wondering since Im doing very well in it, if I can still apply on a conditional acceptance, that I finish the remaining 5 with a high average, before september.
  6. Feb 27, 2008 #5
    That you probably have to contact the university for the detail.
    Wish you luck =)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?