1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Capacity with 2 R in RC circuit

1. Dec 29, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Initially we had a circuit with 2 transistor , we draw the equivalent circuit in the dynamic range and low frequency .
    After that we simplified the Circuit by calculatuig Rin after the capacity .
    So what we have left is a voltage source (ac) followed by a resistor followed by a capa followed by another resistor . The question is find c given f , we know 1/rc = 2pi f , the problem here is what is r .

2. Relevant equations
    omega =1/rc

3. The attempt at a solution
    Is this true . Omega = 1/ (R1 + R2 )c

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 29, 2015 #2
    i apologize ; apparently we calculate the gain : Av = Vo / Vi , and we deduce the form of omega from there , thank you very much .

4. Dec 29, 2015 #3
    okey turns out i am too dumb , for this , i thought i understood but it wasn t the case .
    i just can not figure out if we should ignore the resistor before the capacitor , and think of it as part of Vin or not . please help.

5. Dec 29, 2015 #4

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Can you provide a circuit diagram to make the configuration more clear? Show where Vo and Vi are measured.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted