Career Question of engineer in aviation industry

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
Su Solberg
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Hello, everyone. I come from hong kong.

I am still barely a fresh graduate (1.5yr after grad.)with good grades in school.
currently, I am working as an asst. mechanical engineer.

However, I am willing to become an engineer in aviation industry.
I am wondering what would be a possible way to work in overseas.
Should I obtain a master / Mphill in oversea university?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Su,

Which part of aviation industry are you interested in? Aircraft/Aerospace engineering? Aviation management? Aircraft operation/maintenance? Are you interested in industry or research job?

If you have already had an idea which area you like, you can probably find a good school somewhere in Europe or US. But please bear in mind that if you are interested in aerospace engineering, it could be a little bit harder for you to find a job as a foreigner (I am talking about US) since a lot of aerospace engineering jobs are defense related and would not go to non-citizen.