Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators [casio fx-350ES] How to input an equation with 1 variable in a calculator

Tags:
  1. Jan 11, 2013 #1
    Hello everyone,

I was just going through the manual of my casio fx-350ES calculator to find out how i can input an equation with one variable. lets say the equation below:

(t/5)^1.514

t being the variable

Then i would like to input a range of values for my variable, t so that i can calculate and get all the answers in one go so i don't have to type the equation each time i want to use it with a different value for t.

lets say the values for t are 1,2,3,4,5

Can anyone help me?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2013 #2
    anyone? i know that is possible could you please help me?

4. Jan 14, 2013 #3
    From the manual the only way to do what i am looking for is to use the table function where you need to input a the range of your values with a given step however this is not what i am looking for. I would like to input values for t that are not necessary in order or with a given step between a maximum and minimum. I would like to input random values such as 1, 20, 50, 32 and then calculate the result using a given equation for these random values

5. Jan 28, 2013 #4

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

This is not an equation. A clue that what you're looking at is an equation is the presence of an equals sign, =.
    Here's a link to the Casio User's Guide - http://support.casio.com/pdf/004/fx-82ES_83ES.etc_Eng.pdf.

It covers several Casio models, including your FX - 350ES.
    Page E-41 shows how to generate a number table from a function.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook