[casio fx-350ES] How to input an equation with 1 variable in a calculator

In summary: This is what you're looking for.In summary, you can generate a number table from a function to input values for a variable that aren't necessary with a given step or range, but rather random values.
Kelles
Hello everyone,

I was just going through the manual of my casio fx-350ES calculator to find out how i can input an equation with one variable. let's say the equation below:

(t/5)^1.514

t being the variable

Then i would like to input a range of values for my variable, t so that i can calculate and get all the answers in one go so i don't have to type the equation each time i want to use it with a different value for t.

lets say the values for t are 1,2,3,4,5

Can anyone help me?

Computer science news on Phys.org
anyone? i know that is possible could you please help me?

From the manual the only way to do what i am looking for is to use the table function where you need to input a the range of your values with a given step however this is not what i am looking for. I would like to input values for t that are not necessary in order or with a given step between a maximum and minimum. I would like to input random values such as 1, 20, 50, 32 and then calculate the result using a given equation for these random values

Kelles said:
Hello everyone,

I was just going through the manual of my casio fx-350ES calculator to find out how i can input an equation with one variable. let's say the equation below:
This is not an equation. A clue that what you're looking at is an equation is the presence of an equals sign, =.
Kelles said:
(t/5)^1.514

t being the variable

Then i would like to input a range of values for my variable, t so that i can calculate and get all the answers in one go so i don't have to type the equation each time i want to use it with a different value for t.

lets say the values for t are 1,2,3,4,5

Can anyone help me?
Here's a link to the Casio User's Guide - http://support.casio.com/pdf/004/fx-82ES_83ES.etc_Eng.pdf.

It covers several Casio models, including your FX - 350ES.
Page E-41 shows how to generate a number table from a function.

I can provide a response to this question. To input an equation with one variable in the Casio fx-350ES calculator, you can use the "Solve" function. First, enter your equation in the calculator, using the "x" button as the placeholder for your variable (in this case, t). Then, press the "Solve" button and enter the range of values for t, separated by commas. For example, you would enter "1,2,3,4,5" for the range of 1 to 5. The calculator will then give you the solution for each value of t, allowing you to avoid manually entering the equation multiple times. You can also use the "Table" function to see a table of values for your equation over the specified range. I hope this helps!

1. How do I input an equation with 1 variable into my Casio fx-350ES calculator?

To input an equation with 1 variable into your Casio fx-350ES calculator, you will first need to press the "Mode" button and select "EQN" from the menu. Then, press the "Alpha" button followed by the "X" button to input the variable. Next, enter your equation using the appropriate mathematical symbols and press the "EXE" button to solve.

2. Can I input multiple equations with 1 variable into my Casio fx-350ES calculator?

Yes, you can input multiple equations with 1 variable into your Casio fx-350ES calculator. Simply follow the same steps as above for each equation, making sure to use a different variable for each one.

3. What happens if I input an incorrect equation with 1 variable into my Casio fx-350ES calculator?

If you input an incorrect equation with 1 variable into your Casio fx-350ES calculator, it will display an error message. Double check your equation and try again.

4. Can I input equations with 1 variable and constants into my Casio fx-350ES calculator?

Yes, you can input equations with 1 variable and constants into your Casio fx-350ES calculator. Simply enter the constants using the appropriate numerical buttons and follow the same steps as above for the variable.

5. How accurate are the solutions generated by my Casio fx-350ES calculator for equations with 1 variable?

The accuracy of the solutions generated by your Casio fx-350ES calculator for equations with 1 variable is dependent on the accuracy of the inputs and the complexity of the equation. However, the calculator is designed to provide accurate solutions within a reasonable margin of error.