1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cauchy-Riemann conditions-Multivariable Taylor series

1. Jun 14, 2017 #1
    İ couldn't understand the last operation, please help me.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2017 #2

FactChecker

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Instead of taking the k partial derivatives wrt y, they replace them with ik times k more partial derivatives wrt x as shown in the equation right above.

4. Jun 15, 2017 #3
    Thank you for the answer.
    I understood that but then he somehow gets rid of the second ∑ that which the sums with the k and n terms. Actually i i have congested at there.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  5. Jun 15, 2017 #4

FactChecker

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh. Sorry. I answered the easy part and totally overlooked the hard part. I don't see an answer to that part now.

6. Jun 15, 2017 #5

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Work out the binomial expansion of ##[(x+iy)-(x_0+iy_0)]^n##. Separate into real and imaginary parts inside the brackets first.

7. Jun 15, 2017 #6
    Thank you, now i can see from the n!/(k!(n-k)! terms that how the second sigma notatian has gone. But there i need to do a multivariable binomial series expansion but i can't do it.

8. Jun 15, 2017 #7
    Thank you, now i can see from the n!/(k!(n-k)! terms that how the second sigma notatian has gone. But there i need to do a multivariable binomial series expansion but i can't do it.

9. Jun 15, 2017 #8

10. Jun 15, 2017 #9

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It's not very clear what you mean. You just want to expand ##(a+b)^n## where ##a=(x-x_0)## and ##b=i(y-y_0)##. It's the perfectly normal type of binomial expansion. Or are you asking about something else?

11. Jun 15, 2017 #10
    Sorry, my head has gone to the infinity binomial series. My problem has been solved, thanks you a lot.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted