Changes in Density of Water Vapor Under Constant Volume and Temperature

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
renlok
Messages
12
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


water vapor is heated from 403.15k to 463.15k and is kept at a constant volume of 3m^2 its initial pressure is 10^5pa what is the density change?


Homework Equations


PV = nRT, D = M/V


The Attempt at a Solution


I don't really know where to go with this i found the final pressure with [tex]P_2 = \frac{P_1.T_2}{T_1}[/tex] but I am not sure this helped i also tried with P(M/D) = nRT but as you don't know M its not very helpful. I also though about using [tex]\delta{M} = \frac{\delta{E}}{c^2}[/tex] but couldn't find E without the mass...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
renlok said:

Homework Statement


water vapor is heated from 403.15k to 463.15k and is kept at a constant volume of 3m^2 its initial pressure is 10^5pa what is the density change?


Homework Equations


PV = nRT, D = M/V


The Attempt at a Solution


I don't really know where to go with this i found the final pressure with [tex]P_2 = \frac{P_1.T_2}{T_1}[/tex] but I am not sure this helped i also tried with P(M/D) = nRT but as you don't know M its not very helpful. I also though about using [tex]\delta{M} = \frac{\delta{E}}{c^2}[/tex] but couldn't find E without the mass...
You have that the density ρ is the mass of the steam M divided by the volume V it occupies. How did M and V change when the water vapor was heated?