Changing Magnetic Field Causes Induced Electric Field

In summary, a changing magnetic field refers to the movement or variation in the strength or direction of a magnetic field over time. This movement creates a force that causes charged particles to move, resulting in the creation of an induced electric field. An induced electric field is a temporary field that is determined by the rate and direction of the changing magnetic field. The strength of the induced electric field is determined by the rate of change of the magnetic field, while the direction is always perpendicular to the changing magnetic field.
futurepocket

Homework Statement

This is not really a question, just a concept I am trying to understand. I understand changing magnetic field induces an electric field - but how does it do this?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I figure since the changing magnetic field would induce a current in the wire (or loop), the current has a relationship with the induced electric field? I can't seem to figure out what the relationship is though, any ideas? Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
electric and magnetic fields go together, and are described by maxwell's equations.

1. What is a changing magnetic field?

A changing magnetic field refers to the movement or variation in the strength or direction of a magnetic field over time.

2. How does a changing magnetic field cause an induced electric field?

When a magnetic field changes, it creates a force that causes charged particles to move. This movement of charged particles results in the creation of an electric field.

3. What is an induced electric field?

An induced electric field is an electric field that is created by a changing magnetic field. It is a temporary field that only exists as long as the magnetic field is changing.

4. How is the strength of an induced electric field determined?

The strength of an induced electric field is determined by the rate of change of the magnetic field. The faster the magnetic field changes, the stronger the induced electric field will be.

5. How is the direction of an induced electric field determined?

The direction of an induced electric field is determined by the direction of the changing magnetic field. The induced electric field will always be perpendicular to the changing magnetic field.