1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Classical Chapters from Morin's book that help with F=ma exam prep?

1. Nov 19, 2017 #1
    What chapters from Morin's Introduction to Classical Mechanics Textbook will help me prepare for the F=ma exam? I also have the Feynman Lectures and the Halliday Resnick textbook. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 19, 2017 #2

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

What level? HS? College? Grad school? It's a bit late in the conventional school year to be asking for such assistance.

4. Nov 19, 2017 #3
    I'm a high schooler in AP Physics Mechanics, and AP Calculus AB. I've gotten through the practice exams for the f=ma exam, and four chapters of Morin, but I feel as though he is overcomplicating some problems, and my teacher feels the same. I don't want to go through the entire book from cover to cover, rather I'd learn the topics that I'll really need.

5. Nov 19, 2017 #4

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

"Ready is ready." "O-C" is for pre-meds.

6. Nov 19, 2017 #5

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

7. Nov 20, 2017 #6
  8. Nov 22, 2017 #7
    You picked a wrong book. If you don't know calculus of variation and lagrangian mechanics, there is no hope with that book. It is not a basic high school book.

Use Morin's other book, Problems and Solutions in Introductory Mechanics.

9. Nov 22, 2017 #8
    Thank you so much! I was pushing through the first four chapters of Intro to Mechanics, and I was astounded by how much calculus there was. It was understandable but I looked at Problems and Solutions in Introductory Mechanics, and I feel as though it'll help me understand both books much better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted