Chapters from Morin's book that help with F=ma exam prep?

In summary, the conversation discusses the best resources to prepare for the F=ma exam, with the OP being a high schooler in AP Physics Mechanics and AP Calculus AB. The suggestion is made to use Morin's other book, Problems and Solutions in Introductory Mechanics, as it covers the necessary topics in a more approachable way. The conversation also touches upon the level of difficulty of Morin's Introduction to Classical Mechanics Textbook and the use of calculus in the material.
crescentcavae
What chapters from Morin's Introduction to Classical Mechanics Textbook will help me prepare for the F=ma exam? I also have the Feynman Lectures and the Halliday Resnick textbook. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Physics news on Phys.org
crescentcavae said:
the F=ma exam?
What level? HS? College? Grad school? It's a bit late in the conventional school year to be asking for such assistance.

Bystander said:
What level? HS? College? Grad school? It's a bit late in the conventional school year to be asking for such assistance.
I'm a high schooler in AP Physics Mechanics, and AP Calculus AB. I've gotten through the practice exams for the f=ma exam, and four chapters of Morin, but I feel as though he is overcomplicating some problems, and my teacher feels the same. I don't want to go through the entire book from cover to cover, rather I'd learn the topics that I'll really need.

crescentcavae said:
I'm a high schooler in AP Physics Mechanics, and AP Calculus AB. I've gotten through the practice exams for the f=ma exam, and four chapters of Morin, but I feel as though he is overcomplicating some problems, and my teacher feels the same. I don't want to go through the entire book from cover to cover, rather I'd learn the topics that I'll really need.
"Ready is ready." "O-C" is for pre-meds.

crescentcavae said:
What chapters from Morin's Introduction to Classical Mechanics Textbook will help me prepare for the F=ma exam? I also have the Feynman Lectures and the Halliday Resnick textbook. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

You picked a wrong book. If you don't know calculus of variation and lagrangian mechanics, there is no hope with that book. It is not a basic high school book.

Use Morin's other book, Problems and Solutions in Introductory Mechanics.

Buffu said:
You picked a wrong book. If you don't know calculus of variation and lagrangian mechanics, there is no hope with that book. It is not a basic high school book.

Use Morin's other book, Problems and Solutions in Introductory Mechanics.
Thank you so much! I was pushing through the first four chapters of Intro to Mechanics, and I was astounded by how much calculus there was. It was understandable but I looked at Problems and Solutions in Introductory Mechanics, and I feel as though it'll help me understand both books much better.

1. How can Chapters from Morin's book help with F=ma exam prep?

Chapters from Morin's book provide a comprehensive understanding of the concepts and principles related to F=ma, making it an excellent resource for exam prep. The book covers topics such as Newton's laws of motion, force, and acceleration, which are crucial for understanding F=ma.

2. Are the chapters in Morin's book easy to understand?

Yes, the chapters in Morin's book are written in a clear and concise manner, making them easy to understand. The author uses simple explanations and examples, making it easier for students to grasp the concepts.

3. Are there practice problems in Morin's book to help with F=ma exam prep?

Yes, Morin's book contains numerous practice problems with detailed solutions to help students prepare for the F=ma exam. These problems cover a wide range of difficulty levels, allowing students to test their knowledge and improve their understanding of the subject.

4. Is Morin's book suitable for beginners?

Yes, Morin's book is suitable for beginners as it starts with basic concepts and gradually progresses to more advanced topics. The book also includes helpful illustrations and examples to aid in understanding, making it a great resource for students at any level.

5. Can Morin's book be used as the sole resource for F=ma exam prep?

While Morin's book provides a comprehensive overview of F=ma, it is always recommended to use multiple resources for exam preparation. However, Morin's book can be an essential resource for understanding the fundamental concepts and principles related to F=ma and can supplement other study materials.