1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Characteristics of distance protection

1. Feb 12, 2009 #1
    hi there im have 4 simple question please help me

1.In the event of single phase – to – earth fault how does each of these methods influence the fault current system voltages

2.What would happen in the event of loss of communications during a fault condition?

3.How would this compares to a loss of communications on an opposed voltage scheme during fault?

4.Discuss the characteristics of distance protection and describe how this form of protection would largely overcome the disadvantage identified in (a).

thank you

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Re: protection

You are required to show your work on homework/coursework questions. What are your thoughts on these questions?

4. Feb 12, 2009 #3

you can help me?

5. Feb 12, 2009 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I *am* trying to help you. You will learn nothing if we do your homework for you. That's why we have the PF Homework Help Rules here. You show us the relevant equations, and show us your attempts on each of the questions, and then we can offer hints and tutorial help. You do the work.

So, first explain what "ach of these methods" is -- what is the context for these questions? What is the name of the course that you are taking? What have you learned so far about ground faults, about how GFCIs work, and so on? What can you tell us about each of the questions you've listed?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook