Check for me this solution in General Physic

In summary, the concept of conservation of linear momentum applies to objects with a net force of zero. However, in the case of an object experiencing gravity, the total net force is still present and is equal to mg. This is a concern in the given exercise, which focuses on momentum and avoids the force of gravity.
vuvan
I reckon that we only apply conservation of linear momentum for object which has total net force acting on equal zero but in this case , the gravity force still exist , total net force is mg
Thank in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
vuvan said:
I reckon that we only apply conservation of linear momentum for object which has total net force acting on equal zero but in this case , the gravity force still exist , total net force is mg
Thank in advance

Is there a missing illustration? Because you haven't presented a problem.

I was not upset; I was only pointing out why you were not getting replies.

vuvan said:
Thank in advance

I think I understand your concern. The question seems to me to be written to avoid the force of gravity by stating "right after the explosion." The focus is on momentum. Gravity only enters into what you posted in the Exercise, even then it's a path that's straight up and down and only asks about "the center of mass."

In General Physics, the conservation of linear momentum is a fundamental principle that states that the total momentum of a closed system remains constant. This means that in the absence of external forces, the total momentum of the system before and after an interaction must be the same.

In the case mentioned, where gravity force is still present, the total net force on the object is not equal to zero. However, this does not contradict the conservation of linear momentum. This is because the force of gravity, mg, is an external force acting on the system. As long as the system is closed and there are no other external forces acting on it, the total momentum of the system will still be conserved.

Therefore, we can still apply the conservation of linear momentum in this case. It is important to note that the force of gravity does not violate the principle of conservation of linear momentum, as it is an external force and not a force within the system itself.

1. What is the purpose of "Check for me this solution in General Physic"?

The purpose of "Check for me this solution in General Physic" is to verify or validate a proposed solution to a problem in the field of general physics. This ensures that the solution is accurate and reliable, and can be used to make accurate predictions or observations.

2. How is "Check for me this solution in General Physic" different from other methods of solution checking?

Unlike other methods of solution checking, "Check for me this solution in General Physic" involves a thorough examination of the solution using the principles and laws of general physics. It takes into account factors such as accuracy, precision, and applicability to real-world scenarios.

3. What are the benefits of using "Check for me this solution in General Physic"?

Using "Check for me this solution in General Physic" can help ensure that the proposed solution is correct and reliable. It also allows for a deeper understanding of the problem and the underlying physics principles involved. Additionally, it can help identify any errors or inconsistencies in the solution, leading to a more accurate and precise result.

4. Can "Check for me this solution in General Physic" be used for any type of problem in general physics?

Yes, "Check for me this solution in General Physic" can be used for any type of problem in general physics as long as the principles and laws of physics are applicable. It is a versatile method that can be used for a wide range of problems, from simple equations to complex systems.

5. How can one ensure that the "Check for me this solution in General Physic" process is accurate?

The "Check for me this solution in General Physic" process can be made more accurate by using reliable and precise measurements, following the correct methodology, and double-checking all calculations and assumptions. It is also important to have a solid understanding of the underlying physics principles and laws being applied in the solution.