Chip detector for neurostimulator RNS

• Thread starter Essadaoui_Red
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Detector
In summary: The document provides some specifications for the device, but they are in French. I'm sorry, I can't help you with that.
Essadaoui_Red
hello,
We work on a topic concerning the RNS neurostimulator against epileptic seizures:
http://latavernedes3i.free.fr/files/...20Valerian.pdf

(RNS consists of a computerized device implanted into the skull with electrodes implanted in presumed epileptic foci in the brain. Brain electrodes send EEG signals at the input device that contains detection software. When certain criteria EEG seizure are satisfied, the device delivers a small electrical charge to the electrodes other near the epileptic focus and disrupt the seizure.).

the system has two main parts:
- Detection part:
- Portion control (FPGA processor ...)

detection is assured either by a sensor chip synchronous or asynchronous
After much research, I can not differentiate between an asynchronous and the synchronous detection in this context:confused:
and thank you for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Essadaoui_Red said:
hello,
We work on a topic concerning the RNS neurostimulator against epileptic seizures:
http://latavernedes3i.free.fr/files/...20Valerian.pdf

(RNS consists of a computerized device implanted into the skull with electrodes implanted in presumed epileptic foci in the brain. Brain electrodes send EEG signals at the input device that contains detection software. When certain criteria EEG seizure are satisfied, the device delivers a small electrical charge to the electrodes other near the epileptic focus and disrupt the seizure.).

the system has two main parts:
- Detection part:
- Portion control (FPGA processor ...)

detection is assured either by a sensor chip synchronous or asynchronous
After much research, I can not differentiate between an asynchronous and the synchronous detection in this context:confused:
and thank you for your help

Your link appears to be broken. I tried to repair it, but got a nasty message when trying to enter the home website. Can you re-post your link?

oooh yah I'm sorry, (but is in frensh)
http://latavernedes3i.free.fr/files/3I4/Rapports%20de%20Stage/2009/Geny%20Valerian.pdf ,
et thank you so much,

Essadaoui_Red said:
oooh yah I'm sorry, (but is in frensh)
http://latavernedes3i.free.fr/files/3I4/Rapports%20de%20Stage/2009/Geny%20Valerian.pdf ,
et thank you so much,

Yep, it's in French all right...:smile:

On your question, synchronous would normally refer to when you are clocking the device that you are communicating with, and asynchronous would be when the device is sending you its own clock along with the data. Or asynchronous could mean that the device is sending you just the data, at some known pace (like with RS-232 communication, there is no explicit clock sent with the data, but the data rate of the sender and receiver must be the same in order for the communication to work).

Do you have any specifications for the device that you are communicating with? Or is that somewhere in the French document?

Related to Chip detector for neurostimulator RNS

1. What is the purpose of a chip detector for neurostimulator RNS?

A chip detector is used to detect and report any malfunctions or damage in the neurostimulator RNS device. It serves as a safety measure to ensure the proper functioning of the device and to prevent any potential harm to the patient.

2. How does a chip detector for neurostimulator RNS work?

The chip detector is a small electronic device that is placed near the neurostimulator RNS. It constantly monitors the electrical signals from the device and alerts the patient or healthcare provider if there are any irregularities or abnormalities in the signals. This allows for early detection of any issues and prompt intervention.

3. Is a chip detector necessary for every neurostimulator RNS?

Yes, a chip detector is necessary for every neurostimulator RNS. It is a standard safety feature that is included in the design of the device to ensure the proper functioning and safety of the patient.

4. How often should the chip detector be checked or replaced?

The chip detector should be checked regularly as part of the routine maintenance of the neurostimulator RNS device. The frequency of checks may vary depending on the manufacturer's recommendations, but it is typically recommended to be checked every 3-6 months. If any issues are detected, the chip detector may need to be replaced.

5. Can a chip detector for neurostimulator RNS be removed or disabled?

No, the chip detector cannot be removed or disabled. It is an essential component of the neurostimulator RNS device and tampering with it can compromise the safety and effectiveness of the device. Any issues with the chip detector should be reported to a healthcare provider for proper maintenance or replacement.

Back