Choosing a Welcome Snack at PF: Triffles or No?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Welcome

Which did you choose when you joined PF?

  • Fish

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Cereal

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither

    Votes: 10 76.9%

  • Total voters
    13
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
71 replies · 8K views
hmmm... I remember membership really fell off when we were hitting people with the frozen salmon.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I think the frozen salmon might be a bigger hit in the summer. After they regain conciousness, they can apply the frozen fish to the bump.

Maybe we should do seasonal give aways. Like chili in the fall. Of course they'll need to bring they're own bowl, it's not like we have unlimited funds.
 
Last edited:
Most of the new members don't come back after we started getting our fish from Cernobyl Foods :frown:
 
yomamma said:
Most of the new members don't come back after we started getting our fish from Cernobyl Foods :frown:
AHAH! So YOU'RE the one that leaked our source!
 
No...:rolleyes:


I think they began to realize it when pengwuino stated glowing
 
Evo said:
I think the frozen salmon might be a bigger hit in the summer. After they regain conciousness, they can apply the frozen fish to the lump.

Maybe we should do seasonal give aways. Like chili in the fall. Of course they'll need to bring they're own bowl, it's not like we have unlimited funds.
I think heartless could use some of that frozen salmon for his sunburn.

Okay, so it's frozen salmon in the summer...:rolleyes: Did anyone fix the freezer in the welcome tent?

Chili in the fall...can you make chili with fish? Otherwise, we need to find a way to use up any leftover frozen salmon.

Let's not forget the Halloween week special of frozen broccoli.

By winter, we're probably safest going with the freeze-dried jellyfish.

What should we give away in spring?
 
DeadWolfe said:
*sigh*

Nobody got the lasagna joke.
Was it fish lasagna?

My friend in Italy says lasagna is incorrect, it is singular, as in one noodle. He says the correct word for the dish is lasagne.
 
Moonbear said:
I think heartless could use some of that frozen salmon for his sunburn.

Okay, so it's frozen salmon in the summer...:rolleyes: Did anyone fix the freezer in the welcome tent?

Chili in the fall...can you make chili with fish? Otherwise, we need to find a way to use up any leftover frozen salmon.

Let's not forget the Halloween week special of frozen broccoli.

By winter, we're probably safest going with the freeze-dried jellyfish.

What should we give away in spring?

Sheeps eye balls :approve: very tasty.
 
wolram said:
Sheeps eye balls :approve: very tasty.
Oh, I need to find my cookbook. I have recipes for cow eyeballs and teeth. You serve the guest of honor the teeth, so they can suck the jelly out of them.

Ok, cow teeth for all new members!
 
yomamma said:
Do members get free food?
Yes, we have a PF BBQ every Wednesday night. Haven't you been getting your invitations?
 
Mickey said:
Cake. :smile:
ooooh, great choice. fish cakes

are you offering? :smile:
 
Evo said:
Yes, we have a PF BBQ every Wednesday night. Haven't you been getting your invitations?
NO!
 
Evo said:
ooooh, great choice. fish cakes

are you offering? :smile:
fish cakes are actual Thai dishes
 
yomamma said:
NO!
Well, let's see, I have one here. To yomamma c/o Pengwuino

Yep, apparently all your member mail is routed to Penqwuino.

You didn't get the keys to your new car either?
 
actually, I got the keys, they hit me in the head :bugeye:

PF went a little cheap with the Yugos :rolleyes:
 
yomamma said:
actually, I got the keys, they hit me in the head :bugeye:

PF went a little cheap with the Yugos :rolleyes:
Well, we got them from the city dump and fixed them up. Hey, they start, don't they? Sorry they have no wheels, we're not that rich.

Oh, and look in the back seat, there is probably a prized coho salmon back there.

We believe in giving back to our prized PF contributors. :smile:
 
I meant cake!

Here's a piece. http://www.infohub.com/forums/images/smilies/ihe_cake.gif

Evo said:
fish cakes are you offering? :smile:

Let me work on that.
fish2.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know there was a choice of fish or cereal.

I did get a nice welcome from Evo when I stumbled into GD. :smile:
 
Astronuc said:
I didn't know there was a choice of fish or cereal.

I did get a nice welcome from Evo when I stumbled into GD. :smile:

We are dealing with an alternate reality here Astro, :rolleyes: (the sisters are very):rolleyes: not of this one.
 
yomamma said:
PF went a little cheap with the Yugos :rolleyes:
Don't complain. They got the ones with the optional rear-window defroster, so you can keep your hands warm while you push it around all winter.
 
wheres the fish & cerial, where is it ! if it hasnt already been said, give me trifle!1
 
here is your fish cereal:

http://www.delicioustv.com/uploads/mockfish300.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
The heat got to the fish, so I decided to do what the Romans did...

Garum (Roman sun rotted fish sauce)

Use fatty fish, for example, sardines, and a well-sealed (pitched) container with a 26-35 quart capacity. Add dried, aromatic herbs possessing a strong flavor, such as dill, coriander, fennel, celery, mint, oregano, and others, making a layer on the bottom of the container; then put down a layer of fish (if small, leave them whole, if large, use pieces) and over this, add a layer of salt two fingers high. Repeat these layers until the container is filled. Let it rest for seven days in the sun. Then mix the sauce daily for 20 days. After that, it becomes a liquid.

- Gargilius Martialis, De medicina et de virtute herbarum, reprinted from A Taste of Ancient Rome
At least now we have the definitive reason for the fall of the Empire.
 
Danger said:
At least now we have the definitive reason for the fall of the Empire.
That's why I value GD - for these little tidbits of World History unavailable elsewhere on the planet. :rolleyes:

Er - what planet are we on again? I need to update my HH Guide. :biggrin:
 
Astronuc said:
Er - what planet are we on again?
You tell me; you're the one with 'Astro' in his name. I can barely read a normal map, never mind star charts.