1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Circuit analysis, determing impendance.

1. Feb 20, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I need to find the impedance of the following circuit:
    1zsysg.jpg

2. Relevant equations

[tex]\frac{1}{Z_eq}=\frac{1}{Z_1}+\frac{1}{Z_2}[/tex]
    [tex]Z=R[/tex]
    [tex]Z=\frac{1}{i \omega C}[/tex]

3. The attempt at a solution

This should be really simple, but I seem to have some troubles. So: [tex]\frac{1}{R}+i \omega C=\frac{1+i \omega CR}{R}[/tex] and then [tex]Z_eq=\frac{R}{1+i \omega CR}[/tex]. But the answer seems to be wrong.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2009 #2
    That's the answer I got when I calculated it. I tried it with test values it was consistent. Why do you think it's wrong?

4. Feb 21, 2009 #3
    As I said this should be really simple, I just get the wrong answer for the calculation, that this impedance is part of. Maybe it helps if I post the whole problem?

Edit: I found out my Laplace tranformation for the circuit was wrong. I got the right answer now. Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  5. Feb 21, 2009 #4
    Sorry I couldn't help more. Glad you figured it out :biggrin:

6. Feb 22, 2009 #5
    You did plenty enough. I was sure the problem was there, but your confirmation made go trough every step. Thank for the help!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook