Circuits and the Speed of Light (2)

In summary, a circuit is a closed loop of conductive material that allows the flow of electrical current, which travels at the speed of light. This relationship between circuits and the speed of light is important in the design and functioning of electronic devices, as the speed of the circuit determines the speed at which information can be transmitted. However, circuits cannot break the speed of light as the actual electrons moving through the wires have a much slower speed. The speed of light affects the performance of circuits in terms of signal delay and propagation time, which is why high-speed circuits and devices are designed with shorter distances and faster components.
https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/textbook/alternating-current/chpt-14/circuits-and-the-speed-of-light/

Sorry, my other post must have been too brief.

In another thread shut down by Dale, this very site (allaboutcircuits) was used by him to reference wave guides. This particular page is 100% contrary to the side of the fence he was on in that thread.

Just saying. :cool:

Is the quoted web page wrong? i.e. is transmission speed purely down to electron coupling?

Science news on Phys.org
This question has been discussed in 101 posts:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/speed-of-electricity.996609/

I do not see, how a 102nd can provide what 101 could not.
We do not comment other websites.
To restart a closed thread is against the rules.

If you have a very specific question which hasn't been addressed in the thread I linked to, then you can open another thread. This one will be closed.

Likes sophiecentaur and davenn
Byron Forbes said:
Is the quoted web page wrong? i.e. is transmission speed purely down to electron coupling?
Thank you for pointing out how bad of a reference this site is. The specific page that I referenced was decent, but indeed a lot of the other content is highly misleading. I will remove the reference from the other thread.

Likes vanhees71

Suggested for: Circuits and the Speed of Light (2)

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views