CO2 temperature during expansion from 47.3 to 34.85 bar

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter rancam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Expansion Gas
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 4K views
As a beginner I think I've reached the limit of my understanding thermodynamics and its accompanying math.I think its now time to study the required math and perhaps
we can resume this conversation.Thanks for your time and patience.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'd like to make a suggestion. I think it would be very helpful for you to get some practice solving lots of simple problems involving entropy, such as with reversible and irreversible expnasions and compresions of ideal gases and heating/cooling of solids. This should give you a much better feel for how this all plays out.

Chet
 
You need to assign units to all your quantities.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Chestermiller
Khashishi said:
You need to assign units to all your quantities.
This is a very valid point that rancam needs to pay much more attention to. I was able to decipher the units in post #7, but it would certainly have been much more desirable to carry units through all the posts.

Chet