Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MATLAB Coding angular spectrum of waves in a fluid

1. Mar 22, 2018 #1
    Hi,
    I am trying to code ultrasonic transducer radiation in water using angular spectrum of plane waves. I am having difficulties in the sampling and fft. If anybody has an idea about this can you please help me out? I can paste the code once i get some response.
    Thanks for your help!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 22, 2018 #2
    The thing is, it is hard to know whether I can help before I know more details. Perhaps post the code and explain in detail what you have and where you need to go with it.

4. Mar 22, 2018 #3
    I dont know if the code makes any sense. Initially i assume the velocity on the trnasdcuer surface as constant and 1. I find the directivity function yy and then multiply this with the pressure in the fluid. This multiplied pressure I fast fourier transform to get the required pressure at the point. Let me know if I am right. Thank you for your help anyways!
    tic;
    clear all;
    c=1480000; %speed of sound in water mm/sec.
    f=5000000; %freq. in Hz
    w=20; %transducer width in mm
    xx=[];
    fss=0.01
    xx=[-40:fss:40];
    zz=[];
    zz=[1:0.1:400];
    yy=sinc(w*(f/c)*(((xx))));
    bbb=[];
    dd = 1;
    gg=length(xx);
    x(1:gg)=0;
    x(gg/2-w/(2*fss):gg/2+w/(2*fss))=1;
    y=x;
    %y=fft(x);
    figure; plot(abs(y));
    zzz=length(zz);
    for ii =1:zzz
    d=dd*zz(ii); %distance from transducer in mm
    df(ii)=d;
    p=y.*exp(1i*2.*(f/c).*pi.*d.^2.*sqrt(((((((xx.^2+d.^2))))))));
    h=p.*yy;
    u=fft(h);
    g=u;
    g=fftshift(u);
    aaa(ii)=abs(g(round(gg/2)));
    bbb(ii,:)=abs(w);
    bbb(ii,:)=bbb(ii,:)/max(bbb(ii,:));
    end
    figure; plot(df,aaa);
    toc;

5. Mar 25, 2018 #4
    I also chanced upon the FOCUS simulation software and they have an angular spectrum module. There are a few places in that code which I am not able to understand. If you could help me understand these parts of the code I would be extremely grateful

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?