Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
It must be a "really dark club"! (society)
I'm afraid to sign up ...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
8. Our club life lies mostly in the dark. However, from time to time an M&A of our franchises cannot be avoided. This might make some waves in public. Be prepared.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and mfb
zonde said:
If I would want to invest in your club will I get my interest as black money radiation?
You get your money only if it evaporates.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and Stavros Kiri
DennisN said:
The Black Hole Club
Members must always maintain appearance to the outside worlds as if they're yet to join the club, even though they have long since passed the hazing rituals.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, DennisN, EnumaElish and 1 other person
mfb said:
...
- Spaghetti is not just a food, it is also the way you will enter the club.

And by what method should we use, to become spaghettified?
hmmmm...
(google google google)

Ah ha!

When entering the club, one must lose one's clothing, becoming singularly naked, and don some ramen type clothing. Available at amazon.com for between $29.99 & $34.99, USD.

If entering the club with someone else, you must argue incessantly regarding noodle/pasta/ramen/spaghetti quadrality, where they are all the same thing at once, but can be viewed differently, depending on which culinary experiment one is going to feast upon, once you've had time, if and only if time actually exists in the club, after looking at the menu.
 
I just started swimming, so if there's no swimming in the club ... no way!
 
mfb said:
e.g. "Swimming in Spacetime: Motion by Cyclic Changes in Body Shape"

Count me in! Ou yeah! ... count me in!
It's an opportunity to also learn how to swim in dark ... and in fierce gravity.
Any known black hole as a canditate for the premises?
 
upload_2017-5-14_19-9-22.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, DennisN, OmCheeto and 3 others
What do you call a single person from Krakow who sticks to refrigerators?

Magnetic monopole.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, 256bits, Stavros Kiri and 1 other person
hahahaI guessed as to where Krakow probably was, but had to google to be sure :wink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
kuruman said:
What do you call a single person from Krakow who sticks to refrigerators?
There's a kind of sausage here named "Krakower" (transscripted). No wonder I couldn't solve the riddle.
 
davenn said:
I guessed as to where Krakow probably was, but had to google to be sure :wink:
For your horrible, horrible crime of ignorance I offer an invitation. Should you ever visit Krakow, I'll be happy to show you around.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and DrClaude
2 guys "from Krakow" (or can say it with 2 blondes - no offense to either ...)
Sitting in a cafeteria, against the mirror, on the other side:

"Look look! Two guys just like us, over there. Let's go meet them!"
[Standing up ...] ... [Pause]
"Ok, never mind, they're coming here! ..."
[Sitting down]
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, fresh_42, davenn and 2 others
Bandersnatch said:
For your horrible, horrible crime of ignorance I offer an invitation. Should you ever visit Krakow, I'll be happy to show you around.

thanks mate :smile:
 
CERN giftshop.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, Charles Kottler, Stavros Kiri and 2 others
science-physics-physicists-particles-atoms-particle_physicist-tmcn3636_low.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, Stavros Kiri, davenn and 1 other person
Stavros Kiri said:
If the Earth is flat, so could be the moon. Look at it!

ahhhh but the libration wobble of it proves otherwise :wink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
davenn said:
ahhhh but the libration wobble of it proves otherwise
Besides which I think there are no cats on the Moon to worry about.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and Stavros Kiri
kuruman said:
Besides which I think there are no cats on the Moon to worry about.

but there are dogs ... apparently ... :wink:

dog on the moon.gif
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish, Charles Kottler, DennisN and 1 other person
kuruman said:
Clear evidence that the chicken got there before the eggs.
... and that their reputation is completely false: It takes braveness "to bear with unbearable sorrow, to run where the brave dare not go".
 
davenn said:
but there are dogs ... apparently ... :wink:
He was searching for a black monolith, but he ended up finding a wormhole:
tumblr_mnuuhgHyFi1rdrdqlo1_400.gif
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, Demystifier, davenn and 2 others