Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
How do differential geometers say hello to each other?

Good Fibrations!

 
Physics news on Phys.org
(True Story) I was always worried that I would do something that would break or ruin our first child (I had zero child rearing or child care experience). So when my spouse got pregnant with our second child, I asked if we could name her Backup. You know... just in case something went wrong with the first one.

She vetoed the name.
 
new element.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish, DrClaude and Bandersnatch
mfb said:
I guess the name is not a coincidence.

A distaraptor would walk a lot, and a timeraptor (tempusraptor?) would have a long life?
... and the ratio is implied to be [defined as] the 'Standard Dinosaur Ratio' ...
Basic science, indeed!
 
Stavros Kiri said:
... and the ratio is implied to be [defined as] the 'Standard Dinosaur Ratio' ...
If I'd ever used the CGS system of units, I could probably make some joke about dynosaurs. But I never did, so I can't.
 
Lets call it science study :wink:

Low grade on paper.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, Farang, Evo and 6 others
mfb said:
The periodic table
Here's another one:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude and EnumaElish
Old, but not in this thread yet:

How can you tell the difference between a chemist and a plumber?

Ask them to pronounce "unionized".

Alternatively:
Ask them for Avogadro's number and see if they start looking through their contact list.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, Hawksteinman, SciencyBoi and 7 others
mfb said:
How can you tell the difference between a chemist and a plumber?

Ask them to pronounce "unionized".
So how would each pronounce it?

Oh, un-ionized vs. union-ized?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary
mfb said:
How can you tell the difference between a chemist and a plumber?
Which made me remember...

In chemistry class I met a girl who initially made me very tired. Her name was Ann Esthesia. I thought she was pretty, even though she had a mole. I gave her a necklace and waited for the chain reaction. Now I think we have a good relationship; it seems solid.
 
DennisN said:
... it seems solid.
Probably because you are laughing your gas off all the time.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri and DennisN
7b470967dc2b33199952e44d1bb5c59f.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, EnumaElish, davenn and 2 others
jobyts said:
What do we want? TIME MACHINES!
When do we want them? DOESN'T MATTER!
:oldlaugh: Hilarious!
 
Math was easy in the Roman empire. x was always 10.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary, Hawksteinman, EnumaElish and 6 others
mfb said:
But what was y?
On the milk boxes - for missing letters. Possibly taken hostage by foreign names.
 
science-scientific_theory-solar_rotation-orbits-suns-scientists-wmi100519_low.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary, Hawksteinman, Stavros Kiri and 2 others
Screenshot-2012-04-24_11.33.42.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, Stavros Kiri and DrClaude
mfb said:
A distaraptor would walk a lot, and a timeraptor (tempusraptor?) would have a long life?
It's time for philosoraptor to participate in this thread...
6c01b591dbceaad1eb704758a8d58e99.jpg


EDIT: Bonusraptor, not science, but too funny not to share here, IMO:
hypothetical-philosoraptor1.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, Stavros Kiri and davenn
If we fix the definition of sunset to a particular point (bottom/center/top of the sun touches the horizon or something similar), there should be regions close to the pole where the sun does indeed set in the East, to be observed at most once per year.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary and EnumaElish
sounds about right :smile:

science - engineering.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary, Hawksteinman, Stavros Kiri and 4 others
A neutrino walks through the bar...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, EnumaElish, Stavros Kiri and 2 others
PF profile:

Age: "-38"

Birth date: May 1, 2055

Occupation: historian, time traveller

Favourite area of science: Relativity, time travel etc.

Hobbies-interests: time slip, teleportation, time spa, history of early 21st century ... etc.
(i.e. the usual)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hawksteinman, davenn and DennisN
Stavros Kiri said:
PF profile:

Age: "-38"

Birth date: May 1, 2055

Occupation: historian, time traveller

Favourite area of science: Relativity, time travel etc.

Hobbies-interests: time slip, teleportation, time spa, history of early 21st century ... etc.
(i.e. the usual)
You've said that before, in 2029!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish, davenn, Stavros Kiri and 1 other person