Colleges with good undergrad engineering programs in CA

In summary, there are a variety of good colleges and universities for undergraduate engineering in California, including UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD, USC, and Stanford. The Southern California Institute of Technology also offers quality education and small class sizes in their information technology, electrical engineering, and computer science programs. Some other lesser-known but still good options for engineering schools in California include UC Irvine, Cal Poly Pomona, and San Jose State University.
electrifice
What are some good colleges/universities for undergrad engineering in California. I'm thinking electrical or mechanical engineering, with a double major with physics. Yes, I know Caltech and Harvey-Mudd, etc. are good colleges, but I mean the more realistic choices. How do the UCs compare... I would really like to get into UCLA. Are there any other good colleges for engineering, ones that aren't necessarily popular, but good nonetheless?

Physics news on Phys.org
Usually the best students have been taught by the best professors. I'm a grad student at MAE department at UCSD. I can tell you UCSD has a great staff in mechanical, aerospace, electrical, structural and material engineering.

The UC's are really good. UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD, etc. are very good schools. Also good are USC and Stanford. There are a lot of good engineering schools in California.

UC Berkeley is a great engineering school. Just read up on the programs and see what you think.

Computer Engineering colleges in Bay Area

Any ideas on good computer engineering colleges in the Bay area, CA?

SCIT's Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Science programs

There are obviously several colleges with good engineering (undergraduate) programs in S.Cali but one that has small classroom sizes and quality education is Southern California Institute of Technology.

Here are some of the programs they offer...

http://www.scitech.edu/career-programs/information-technology-program/" [Broken]

Have a look at these programs.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are some top colleges in California with strong undergraduate engineering programs?

Some top colleges in California with strong undergraduate engineering programs include the University of California, Berkeley, the California Institute of Technology, the University of California, Los Angeles, the University of Southern California, and Stanford University.

2. How do I know if a college has a good undergraduate engineering program?

Some factors to consider when evaluating the strength of an undergraduate engineering program include the accreditation of the program, the quality and experience of the faculty, the available resources and facilities, and the success of graduates in their careers.

3. Are there any specialized engineering programs offered at these colleges?

Yes, many of the top colleges in California offer specialized engineering programs, such as bioengineering, computer engineering, environmental engineering, and aerospace engineering. It is important to research each college's specific offerings to find the program that best fits your interests and career goals.

4. What opportunities for hands-on experience are available for undergraduate engineering students?

Most top colleges in California with strong undergraduate engineering programs offer a variety of opportunities for hands-on experience, such as research projects, internships, and co-op programs. These experiences can provide valuable practical skills and help students stand out to potential employers.

5. How does the cost of attending these colleges compare to other schools?

The cost of attending these top colleges in California with strong undergraduate engineering programs can vary. Some may have higher tuition rates, but also offer generous financial aid packages. It is important to research and compare the total cost of attending each school, including tuition, fees, and living expenses, to determine the best fit for your budget.