Combine two types of Circuits of a common purpose

• Thread starter reinaldo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuits
In summary, the speaker wants to combine a design they created with a design found on the internet, specifically a distance meter using an ultrasound sensor. The original circuit uses a PIC16F88 to control a LCD screen displaying the distance in percentage with two setpoints for a buzzer alarm. The speaker's goal is to use this design for a water tank in their backyard, but with a larger 3 digit 10mm height 7 segment display and a louder buzzer. They also want to add two 60W light bulbs, one red for low level and one green for high level, and are unsure how to connect the power alarm system to the digital circuit. The speaker has found two other circuit diagrams online that use the 7
reinaldo
Hey Everybody!...i want to "combine" or "Mash up" a Design that I did with a design i found on the internet!...It is a Distance meter by Ultrasound!...in my circuit i used PIC16F88 to control a LCD screen
wich showed me the distance in %...and it had two setpoints!...one low and one high!...if it reaches the low point it triggers a buzzer, and vicecersa...i design it for to mantain a distance between a range!...

Soo...what is my problem...i want to control a water tank in the back of my house...but i want to be able to see the display from a not too far distance...so i want to change the LCD display for a 3 digit 10mm Height 7 segment display!...the buzzer system i want to change it for a much louder buzzer so i can hear it from inside the house, and for the "buzzer alarm" system also i want to add two light bulbs of 60W...one Red for Low level and one Green for high level...so how do i make the power alarm system couple to the digital circuit??...optocouplers??...how??...and how do i change the LCD
for the 7 segment display??...im using the LV-MaxSonar-EZ1 ultrasonic transducer!...

in conclusion...i found on the internet two circuits diagrams that uses the 7 segment displays but no alarms...and they used different ultrasonic transducer...im new at digital electronics so i want to mantain my original circuit diargram with my transducer but with the 7 segment display and the alarms system much more louder and with the indicatived lamps red and green!

I appreciate so much what you can do!...

this are the internet links for the other two circuits!

http://www.best-microcontroller-proj...pic-sonar.html

http://hobby_elec.piclist.com/e_pic6_6.htm

Attachments

• Level meter.JPG
    Level meter.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 388
  • Level meter2.JPG
    Level meter2.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 365
Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Here is a pretty rough scheme of what I am doing and need...Merry Christmas and Happy new year!

Attachments

• Level Tank.JPG
    Level Tank.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 333

Thank you for sharing your project with us! It sounds like you have a great idea for combining two different circuits for a common purpose. To start, I would recommend looking at the specifications for the two different circuits you found on the internet and comparing them to your original circuit. This will help you determine if any changes need to be made to the components or connections in your original circuit in order to incorporate the new features you want to add.

For the LCD to 7 segment display conversion, you will need to find a way to convert the output from the PIC16F88 to a format that can be displayed on a 7 segment display. This may involve using additional components such as a decoder or multiplexer. You may also need to adjust the code on the PIC to accommodate the new display.

For the alarm system, you can use optocouplers to connect the digital circuit to the power alarm system. This will allow the digital circuit to control the lights and buzzer without being directly connected to the power source. You will need to carefully select the appropriate optocouplers for your circuit and ensure that they are properly connected.

I would also recommend doing some research on similar projects or circuits that use both a 7 segment display and an alarm system. This can give you some ideas and guidance on how to incorporate these features into your own circuit.

Overall, it seems like a feasible project but it will require some careful planning and possibly some modifications to your original circuit. Good luck with your project and let us know if you have any further questions!

1. How can combining circuits of a common purpose be beneficial?

Combining circuits of a common purpose can be beneficial in terms of space and cost efficiency. By combining two circuits into one, less physical space is needed for installation and fewer components are required, resulting in cost savings.

2. What are the potential challenges of combining circuits?

One potential challenge is ensuring compatibility between the two circuits. The circuits must have similar operating voltages and current ratings in order to be combined successfully. Additionally, combining circuits can increase the complexity of the overall system, making troubleshooting and maintenance more difficult.

3. Can circuits with different functions be combined?

Yes, circuits with different functions can be combined as long as they have the same purpose. For example, a voltage regulator circuit and a power supply circuit can be combined to regulate and supply power to a device.

4. How can I determine if it is appropriate to combine two circuits?

Before combining circuits, it is important to carefully evaluate the specifications and requirements of each circuit. If the circuits have similar operating parameters and are used for the same purpose, it may be appropriate to combine them. However, if the circuits have significant differences or are used for different purposes, it may be better to keep them separate.

5. Are there any safety considerations when combining circuits?

Yes, safety should always be a top priority when combining circuits. It is important to ensure that the combined circuit meets all safety standards and regulations. Additionally, proper insulation and grounding should be implemented to prevent any electrical hazards.