Comparing My Solution and Book What Went Wrong?

• Thread starter momentum
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, to effectively compare your solution to the one presented in the book, it is recommended to use a structured approach by defining the problem and breaking down both solutions into smaller components. This can help identify similarities and differences and seek feedback from peers or experts. The benefits of comparing solutions include identifying flaws, improving critical thinking skills, and gaining a deeper understanding of the problem. However, determining if one solution is better than the other can be challenging, so it is important to focus on understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each solution. Combining elements from both solutions can create a better solution, but it is crucial to carefully evaluate the potential impact. Finally, using the comparison to improve problem-solving skills can be achieved by identifying areas for improvement, learning
momentum
Here is the Problem Statement:

QD9RbTE.jpg
Book solution
IfIktm1.jpg
My solution
ATm3Xp3.jpg
My solution and book solution has differed in the first item (marked red circle).

Could you please tell which is correct?

If I'm wrong, what did I do wrong?

Attachments

• QD9RbTE.jpg
    QD9RbTE.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 577
  • IfIktm1.jpg
    IfIktm1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 592
  • ATm3Xp3.jpg
    ATm3Xp3.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 623
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Book is clearly wrong

Likes momentum

1. How can I effectively compare my solution to the one presented in the book?

One effective way to compare your solution to the one presented in the book is by using a structured approach. Start by clearly defining the problem and your proposed solution. Then, break down both solutions into smaller components and compare them side by side. Look for similarities and differences in approach, methodology, and results. You can also consider seeking feedback from peers or experts in the field to gain a different perspective.

2. What are the benefits of comparing my solution to the one in the book?

Comparing your solution to the one in the book can help you identify any flaws or weaknesses in your approach. It can also provide insights into different ways of solving the problem and improve your critical thinking skills. Additionally, comparing solutions can help you gain a deeper understanding of the problem and learn from others' perspectives.

3. How do I know if my solution is better or worse than the one in the book?

The effectiveness of a solution can vary depending on the context and specific goals. Therefore, it is challenging to determine if one solution is better or worse than the other. Instead, focus on understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each solution and how they align with the problem's requirements. This can help you identify potential areas for improvement and enhance your problem-solving skills.

4. Can I combine elements from both solutions to create a better solution?

Yes, you can certainly combine elements from both solutions to create a better solution. It is common for solutions to have strengths and weaknesses, and combining them can help address any limitations. However, it is essential to carefully evaluate and assess the potential impact of combining elements to ensure the effectiveness and feasibility of the solution.

5. How can I use the comparison to improve my problem-solving skills?

Comparing your solution to the one in the book can help you identify areas for improvement and learn new problem-solving techniques. It can also help you understand different approaches and perspectives, which can enhance your critical thinking skills. Additionally, seeking feedback and discussing the comparison with others can provide valuable insights and improve your problem-solving abilities.