Computer programming -- Help with upcoming C++ exam

• Thread starter CLINTON
  • Start date
Summary
I want to know about C++ programming
Hi, I am an undergraduate Physics student and i have an exam on c++ programming next monday, what are the basic things I have to know in order to perform well in the exam? And how is c++ applied in physics?

berkeman

Mentor
Welcome to the PF. :smile:
Summary: I want to know about C++ programming

Hi, I am an undergraduate Physics student and i have an exam on c++ programming next monday, what are the basic things I have to know in order to perform well in the exam?
I'm not sure we can be of much help on such a general question about C++. If you have specific study questions that you need help with, post in the Homework Help forums, and show your best effort to figure out the problem. Also please be sure to use "code tags" to wrap your code posts -- it helps readability a lot. Put this around your code (without the spaces):

[ code=C ]

[ /code ]
And how is c++ applied in physics?
It is applied pretty much as any programming language. It is used for simulations and data analysis and running experiments, etc.

Wrichik Basu

Gold Member
2018 Award
Hi, I am an undergraduate Physics student and i have an exam on c++ programming next monday, what are the basic things I have to know in order to perform well in the exam? And how is c++ applied in physics?
Somehow it seems to me that you have no prior knowledge in C++. In that case, you might want to have a look at this online tutorial:
It's impossible for us to mention all the basics of the language. It's better if you read from the above site.

BvU

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
what are the basic things I have to know
You have to know where to go and at what time to take the exam. For other things it is a bit late ...

You might browse the syllabus and maybe even post it here ...

Thread closed. The question is too vague for us to be able to provide a meaningful answer.