Computer programming -- Help with upcoming C++ exam

In summary, the student is an undergraduate Physics student looking for basic information on C++ programming for an upcoming exam and how it is applied in physics. However, it is recommended to consult online tutorials and review the syllabus for specific topics to study. The thread has been closed due to the vague nature of the question.
CLINTON
TL;DR Summary
I want to know about C++ programming
Hi, I am an undergraduate Physics student and i have an exam on c++ programming next monday, what are the basic things I have to know in order to perform well in the exam? And how is c++ applied in physics?

Technology news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:
CLINTON said:
Summary: I want to know about C++ programming

Hi, I am an undergraduate Physics student and i have an exam on c++ programming next monday, what are the basic things I have to know in order to perform well in the exam?
I'm not sure we can be of much help on such a general question about C++. If you have specific study questions that you need help with, post in the Homework Help forums, and show your best effort to figure out the problem. Also please be sure to use "code tags" to wrap your code posts -- it helps readability a lot. Put this around your code (without the spaces):

[ code=C ]

[ /code ]
And how is c++ applied in physics?
It is applied pretty much as any programming language. It is used for simulations and data analysis and running experiments, etc.

Likes QuantumQuest
CLINTON said:
Hi, I am an undergraduate Physics student and i have an exam on c++ programming next monday, what are the basic things I have to know in order to perform well in the exam? And how is c++ applied in physics?
Somehow it seems to me that you have no prior knowledge in C++. In that case, you might want to have a look at this online tutorial:
https://www.javatpoint.com/cpp-tutorialIt's impossible for us to mention all the basics of the language. It's better if you read from the above site.

Likes CLINTON
CLINTON said:
what are the basic things I have to know
You have to know where to go and at what time to take the exam. For other things it is a bit late ...

You might browse the syllabus and maybe even post it here ...

Likes CLINTON, Wrichik Basu and berkeman
Thread closed. The question is too vague for us to be able to provide a meaningful answer.

Likes QuantumQuest and Wrichik Basu

1. What topics should I focus on for the C++ exam?

The C++ exam will likely cover a range of topics, but some key areas to focus on include: control structures, data types, arrays and strings, functions, and object-oriented programming concepts such as classes and inheritance.

2. How can I prepare for the C++ exam?

To prepare for the C++ exam, it is important to review your class notes and assignments, practice writing code, and work through practice problems. You can also use online resources such as tutorials and practice exams to supplement your studying.

3. Are there any specific resources or study materials that you recommend for the C++ exam?

Some recommended resources for studying for the C++ exam include: textbooks such as "C++ Primer" by Stanley Lippman, online tutorials and courses such as those on Codeacademy or Udemy, and practice problems and exams from websites like HackerRank or LeetCode.

4. How can I improve my understanding of C++ programming before the exam?

To improve your understanding of C++ programming before the exam, you can try to work on projects or write code for different problem scenarios. This will help you gain practical experience and solidify your understanding of the concepts. You can also seek help from your instructor or classmates, or join online forums or study groups to discuss and learn from others.

5. Are there any common mistakes to avoid during the C++ exam?

Some common mistakes to avoid during the C++ exam include not reading the instructions carefully, not properly understanding and implementing the given problem, and not testing your code before submitting it. It is also important to manage your time effectively and not spend too much time on difficult questions, as you may run out of time for easier ones.