1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Computer Science and Electrical Engineering

1. May 15, 2012 #1
    I am currently a student at the University of Waterloo in Canada enrolled in the Computer Science program. The Waterloo Computer Science undergraduate program is widely regarded as one of the elite in North America and we regularly come first place in computing competition against schools such as Stanford, Caltech and MIT. However, I wish to pursue my graduate studies at MIT. Is it possible to get acceptance into their Computer Science and Electrical Engineering program with just a Computer Science undergraduate degree? Or would I have to have a Electrical Engineering degree to be considered into the CS and EE program at MIT?

2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2012 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Your problem isn't your background. MIT's EECS admission FAQ, Item #1, says

Your problem is that this took under 5 seconds to find on the web. If you don't have the ability or gumption to spend that 5 seconds to find it yourself, you don't have the right temperament for grad school. Any grad school.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook